Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Talkbass adults, I ask for your help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Melf, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I have to write a paper in my Psychology class. For this paper, I have to interview adults that I know and ask them 4 questions based on how their life was at my age. I'd really appreciate it if you took the time to answer them. In case you were wondering, yes, I already asked my folks:)

If you don't feel comfortable posting them in the thread but still want to answer then please PM me.

1. What were the best decisions you made when you were 18-25? What things made you happiest at that age?

2. What were the biggest mistakes you made when you were 18-25? What things made you unhappiest at that age?

3. What things make you happiest and unhappiest now that you're an adult? How happy have you been with your adult life? What things, past or present, do you wish you could change?

4. What advice would you give someone who is about 18 years old? Would you have followed that advice when you were 18?

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Melf, I PMed you my answers to your questions. I hope they will be helpful. Good luck on your paper.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ditto...

4. me three.

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Gotcha.

6. Going to a small liberal arts college and learning analytical thinking skills and a liberal arts education. Deciding to get to medical school after college and but not giving into the mass stereotypes and playing guitar across the planet: NY, CO, Mid East, France.

HAPPY: Sex, playing guitar, working on my music in the studio and with bands, working out.

Going to a colleget that was too small socially.
    Unhappiest was being a bit of an outsider at college. It was very preppy and I am the anti-thesis of that. Also, the difficulty of getting good grades in certain pre med classes. My parents at times..

Playing music, working out, my kids make me very happy, boys ages 12 and 9: we jam together (they are on drums), I love being a diagnostic radiologist, hopefully moving to Nevada this Saturday. I love great sex (heterosexual).

My divorce is a plus minus thing: I get along great with my ex but I don't know if we were right for each other. We were together 17 years. I would love to be married and have an intact family but we grew apart.

DO NOT CHOOSE A CAREER BASED ON MONEY.

CHOOSE A CAREER ON WHAT DOING WHAT GETS YOU OFF.
    You'll be at your job about 9-10 hours a day. You had better enjoy it.

DON'T DO DRUGS AND DON'T SMOKE. MODERATE ALCHOHOL IF AT ALL.

USE PROTECTION WHEN ENGAGING IN SEX.

7. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I've sent all of you PMs. Thank you all for your help!