talkbass age

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by russ_4ft, Dec 5, 2001.

1. i was just lookin at a few of the members dates of joining and it appears that im an 'old b**tard'

- Russ
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
  3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Hey man, looks like you got the clap.
  4. Ditto. :confused:

Mike J.
  5. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

According to your profile you a young whipper snapper!;)
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I think that JUST_4INCHES is referring to the date that people joined Talkbass.

Russ, you are certainly in the top 5% or so. A month older than me.
  7. Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I think they were giveing away a pretty cool bass or something because march and april of 2000 seems to be pretty popular.
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The site was going for at least a year before that though and I was on 3 versions before the current one!
  9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I was in that same time period. Actually, I apparently was a TalkBass April Fool's joke :D
  10. Hey yeah whatever happened to that?
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    One of the members of the board won the Ergodyne (I think... I know it was an Ibanez), but after that Paul got in a little bit of a sticky situation with the legalities of contests online with the next contest. It can't work like a raffle, or some such nonsense, so we don't have them anymore. If you want the icky details Paul might tell you.
  12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

There was a suggestion of another giveaway/contest, but I think there was a problem with something that was fair to all the non-US members. I can remember that the Supporting Member thing was going to give you entry to a competition for a Fender Jazz - each $20 would give you one entry - and I was anticipating winning! But then I think Paul found out it couldn't go abroad or at least it wasn't practical to do this.
  13. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I guess on this scale I am very "old" too.
    Jan 2000!!!

14. :D

I won the Ergodyne EDC700 last year.*blush*

Nice bass and I still have her.:) I believe there were only two or three more give-aways after that,no?

From what I am told I was the first tber to win from the contest.LOL Wondered why I was`nt able to find the other winners in the "members directory" :oops:

As to age!!:( I turned 40 this year so guess that makes me like a virtual Methusila on this board!lol
  15. I joined around june 2000, but I lost my password to my first s/n and so I had to do another.

Does that make me old????:D