1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass Bashers?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rush-2112, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    So I was roaming on Google, when I found these two threads on the "RockaBillyBass" forums.

-http://www.rockabillybass.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9493&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

-http://www.rockabillybass.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9487&sid=465010c39b23dd99074650180cd83aea

It's rather clear what they think of us TBers. Personally, I've never had a bad experience here at TB. I always get my questions answered in the most polite of ways, and contribute to the community as best I can.

But anyway, any thoughts? The threads appear to be pretty recent, too.

2. They're only jealous because nobody's ever even heard of Rockabilly Bass.:rolleyes:

As opposed to TalkBass, which is, arguably, the most popular Bass message board on the internet.

3. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    You're just an elitist with $100k basses. Sheesh.

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    are these guys on crack??? Where are they getting this crap?
    I've found TB to be the farthest thing ever from what they're describing.

As an aside - it's an interesting study to watch how it builds and escalates, then the exaggerations get more outlandish... Good study of human ignoramusness :)

5. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    i read the first thread, i guess TB has failed to embrace their beloved electric uprights or something

edit: in fact, they seem to be out-snobbing US, dissing P-basses and all

6. Hey, at least I don't play in a stageprop band.:rolleyes:

7. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    Kind of agree with them there's a lot of snarky commenters on these boards but that's just because of how many people are on here. If that forum had as many participants as this one did it would have the same problems.

8. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Those posts are in regards to the DB forum more than us. Just venture over there and you can kinda get what they're saying.

On our side, there is definitely less snobbery. Heck, how many threads have been made devoted to SX stuff (sub $200 Chinese made basses)?

9. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    This should have been posted in the DB forum.

10. Well, based on what I've seen from their board, their users are just as bad, if not worse. At least we can conduct ourselves with some sense of civility, as opposed to slinging the word "****" around every other sentence.

Seems like the lot of them have some severe inferiority complex that they need to get worked out.

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    yep.

12. GOLGOTHAN

GOLGOTHAN Banned

Feb 27, 2009
    the knowledge base here at talkbass is top notch... however the hoity-toity holier than thou thing is also top notch...i have had to change my user name several times for various being banned issues...mostly due to my reaction to the holier than thou thing going on here... it's too bad there isn't someplace else i could find all this info because i would certainly go there as an alternative... talk bass take its self WAAAY to seriously. also i don't like the "pay to post" feature that is here... why the hell cant i sell/trade my gear to TBer's? thanks for the info ... no thanks to the attitudes....heh... i will probably get banned for this post too...

13. I smell a flame war in the wood department.

14. wow....I'm glad to know that my Squier is worth $100,000.00....craigslist here I come! It seems to me that one person had a bad experience and everyone else jumped on the Bash TB bandwagon....

15. Tom O'Malley

Tom O'Malley Banned

Dec 15, 2007
    i virtually never post here, but i thought that this quote was worth pointing out, simply for the irony...

"I remember the first time I joined that board. I encountered a dick telling me..."that' s not how you ask a question"..what ever the **** that means. I PMed the guy and gave him a big **** you.

People here seem to be friendlier.
    "

16. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    For what it's worth TB has 106227 members and counting and Rockabilly Bass 2414!

17. Alienation

Alienation

Jul 29, 2008
    Midsouth
    :meh::eyebrow::meh::eyebrow:

18. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    But how many of those registered even venture over to the DB side of things? 10k? Maybe?

19. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    +1. Some of what they say is true about the DB forum, but still, there is no need to hate. ;) If you don't like it, don't read it.

20. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Gearhead. .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.