Talkbass CD

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Matt Till, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    A quick idea I came up with, I haven't really put much thought into it, but what if for extra money on the side, we could sell a Talkbass CD.

It would do good for both Talkbass and The Artists who make the music... money for talkbass, promotion for the band.

I don't know anything about the legal jazz you'd have to go through, but I'd want a copy.
  2. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Hasn't this been suggested before?
  3. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    How do you get submissions and then figure out what to use? Do you include a song with a fairly insipid bassline but professional production or a jaw-dropping, mind-expanding bassline and crummy recording quality? And that's even before you get down to the legal niceties.

I think it's better for people to post tracks to their own webspace. Perhaps someone could design a 'Talkbass Virtual CD' icon to put next to those which the owner is happy for people to download and burn to CD (and that could link to a page explaining the concept, listing contributor's sites and explaining about Talkbass)?

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Well, it's Paul's board, so Paul should decide. I'd be happy to submit a track of one of my bands, and Paul could keep any proceeds to help cover the costs of Talkbass.
  5. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    From a legal point of view, it would have to be all original material. Submissions, ideally, would be CDs in the post, or WAV files. If not then MP3s.

Some fool would have to volunteer to master it...

Any Mastering Engineers on TB? :D
  6. i think you could make it available (for download) as a perk to those who are/become supporting members. i think that would work very well :)