Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TalkBass Cook Book

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Jan 9, 2005.

1. I was thinking (inspired by the chili night thread and my recent love of cooking and baking) about making a TB Cook Book Website. would Anyone be interested in submitting things? If there is some good response to this, I will ask Paul about using the logos and all. Please give me some feedback

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Tuna Mac:

1 package of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
    1 can of Tuna/salmon which ever you prefer

Cook Mac and Cheese as normal...

After straining Mac and Cheese and adding milk, cheese, butter etc...

Add the one can of tuna and mix into macaroni...

Consume

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Mike

I used your Ranch Dressing and Chilli Doritos recipe and have turned it into a sandwhich:

2 x slices of white bread
    1 x slice of tasty cheese
    1 x handful of Salsa or Chilli Doritos
    Paul Newman's Ranch Dressing
    Butter

1. Butter the bread on one side
    2. Put the slice of cheese and a few layers of doritos on the bread
    3. Cover in ranch dressing and complete the sandwhich
    4. Eat - best washed down with beer.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Peanut Butter Honey Banana Sandwhich

2 slices of any bread you like

1 banana (smaller is better so you don't waste any of it)

Honey

Peanut Butter

Apply peanut butter to slices of bread.. try to make them fairly thick coats... Put honey on both slices, try to mix it in with the PB so it doesnt run...

slice banana into 1/4" to 1/2" slices, scatter on bread... combine bread...

Consume

5. Pizza Hut - Supreme Pizza (substitute "Pizza Hut" with your preferred Pizzaria)

1 telephone book
    1 telephone device (connected and functioning)
    Some money

- Obtain Pizza Hut telephone number from telephone book.
    Dial said phone number. Place order over telephone. Wait approx. 30 minutes. Listen for doorbell and open door to receive pizza from delivery man. Pay the man cost of pizza +
    appropriate tip. Eat pizza!

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

:eyebrow: :scowl:

brad cook

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You're right - use brown bread people, its healthier!

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    No.

9. Peanutbutter and bacon sandwich (bread toasted). Best sandwich EVER!

10. Spam Dogs!

This is an old Riverside/white trash favorite of mine.

1) Take a can of Spam, and slice it long ways into a bunch of thin slices.

2) Get a frying pan going with some butter in it and lay out the spam in it as if you were cooking bacon. While one side is cooking, put lots of yellow mustard on the top. Flip it over, and put more mustard on that side.

3) Cook till it's done to your taste.

4) put a few slices in a hot dog bun with mustard, mayo, cheese (Gov't of course, sticking with the theme ;) ) or whatever you like. If you want to church it up a bit, you can throw in some lettuce :)

5) Have fun eatin your Spam Dogs!

Seriously, this is good. I've made it for friend who thought it would be the most disgusting thing on earth, but they liked it...

joe

11. this is "the best lunch ever"

toast with baked beans scrambled egg and and bacon , all with melted cheese over the top , mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :hyper: im gonna make it now!!

12. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Yall need women in your lives :rollno:

13. I can get a few interesting recipies. Such as a cranachan(sp?). It's a scottish dish. You get some fresh summer fruits(berries and strawberries and raspberries). You put them in a glass at the bottom, then put nuts and gratted chocolate on it, then add some whipped cream(with whiskey in it), and then sprinkle some more chocolate and nuts on the top of the whipped cream. Yummy.

14. i have................shes A worse cook than me

15. Bacon quesadilla (I can't spell)

2 flour tortillas
    3 slices of bacon
    cheese

Cook up bacon till its nice and crispy and yummy. While it's cooking, grade some cheese onto on of the tortillas. Also heat up the pan to cook it in. Once bacon is done, put it on top of the graded cheese that is on the tortilla. Place tortilla in pan and put other one on top of it. Cook it till the cheese is melted and both sides are nice and golden. Enjoy.

16. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

I 100000000000000000% agree. I used to have one of these once in a while, and my Wife used to get grossed out. I told her to try it, she'd eat her words shortly after...never took me up onnit. A quick breakfast.

Dunno why it works, but it does.

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If this becomes serious, I can add some recipes. I don't want to put my dinner recipes alongside some goofy bachelor recipes for weird sandwiches.

-Mike

18. My same thoughts exactly.
    I know there are some real cooks around here.
    I've got Vegan meals :cool: I would love to put on a site along with other TBers

19. heck if it gets really good why not try and sell a few copies int eh tb store to raise a few extra pennies for the site?

20. Now I regret omitting my two recipes. Didn't think this thread was going to catch...