1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Talkbass FAIL

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jarrhead, Oct 26, 2009.

1. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    Came across this a second ago.

Thought it was pretty funny.

n1q72q.

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'd like to point out two things.

1) Protest The Hero Fail
    2) Yahoo Messenger Fail.

3. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    Why thanks Mark! :D

I'm working on writing a tab for Goddess Gagged

4. Squeed

Squeed

Apr 27, 2009
    The Pit
    I would also like to point out:
    MySpace fail. Who uses MySpace anymore for anything other than music?

5. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    And while you're at it point out the BFMV Fail!

6. Squeed

Squeed

Apr 27, 2009
    The Pit
    I kinda like them, to tell you the truth. Not as much as, say, Black Sabbath, but they're okay...

7. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    Nah, they have very good songs, id never take them over megadeth testament or slayer tho, but they are very good..

8. Wow, two BFMV fails in the same thread... :D

9. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    Really?, wow, are you gonna tell me Waking the Demon is not a good song?,, everytime i hear it i wanna punch someone in the nose :rollno:

10. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i love protest the hero...and their bass player owns too. you fail mark wilson. support your fellow canadians.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I do. For what I'm not exactly sure, but my girlfriend got hit up by some cute chick that wants to hook up with her, so it must still be useful to some degree.

12. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    This is WAY more interresting than the rest of the thread. :)

So...what did your gf say? You know the rules - pics, or it never happened. ;)

13. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    HA! I dont have any pics of the conversation, so everything I say is technically hearsay, but my gf told me that she told this chick (Josie) that she 'has a bf (me), but that he's pretty openminded and she would talk to him about it'. It came up in conversation the next day when we were talking about her experiences with women (she's into chicks) and it turns out she's not all that experienced. As she explained the situation to me I was told that I would have to help her out by, uh, making her new friend some tacos (the inverse to grilled cheese), which I was okay with. Funny enough, I had told her a few nights before that I wanted to see my gf in bed with another girl, though she didnt remember because she was drunk at the time. Oh, my gf is awesome!

14. yngwiewho1

yngwiewho1

Mar 2, 2009
    Tomball, Tx
    honestly guys, i dont like bfmv at all. imo they are the "if you want to play metal start here" band. I like the more technical stuff like veil of maya, cynic, necrophagist, the faceless, exivious, etc. oh you guys need to check out

1. viraemia (10 string bass sweeping!)
    2. neverending war (awesome 7 string action!)

15. Squeed

Squeed

Apr 27, 2009
    The Pit
    Sorry, I don't like meth metal. How else do you think they come up with those crazy riffs? :p

I kid, I kid. I'll check some of those guys out at some point.

16. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Woot, B4MV :)

17. Yahoo messenger, although somewhat bloated in it's current version, is still a useful application for online realtime instant messaging and person-to-person filesharing.

MySpace, if you properly configure your MySpace settings and you don't just add any and every idiot to your friends list, can be very useful for staying in touch with friends, staying informed about bands and events, etc. as well as for promoting bands and events. There have been many dozens of great shows and bands over the past few years I would have completely missed if not for MySpace.

I do not know what Protest the Hero is.

18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    and you claim "talkbass fail"?:rollno:

19. ooh..... kelso_burn.

20. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    WRITING a tab, aka learning it by ear and letting the noobies get it.

so not a fail on my part.