1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Talkbass Grilling Recipe Repository.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sloasdaylight, Apr 19, 2010.

1. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    So, inspired by Bassybill's Italian Recipe thread, I've decided to start this one, I doubt there need to be any more description.

I've got a few recipes that I need to actually measure out so I can share them with people, but in the mean time, let's get something going, since it is going to be summer soon after all.

I'll start.

Steak, Potatoes, and Veggies, ala sloasdaylight.

Ingredients
    T-bone Steak(s) depending on how many people you're cooking for.
    Whole Ears of Sweet Corn.
    Fresh Broccoli
    Idaho Potatoes
    Sugar Snap Peas
    Honey rolls/Texas Toast
    Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Directions
    Start by getting the grill going, obviously. You don't want it getting too hot, but you're not going to be slow smoking all day either, so make sure there's a good hill of coals in the middle.

First thing you do is get your potatoes out and get ready to start baking them. You can do this in a few different ways, but I like to use the oven inside because I can regulate it's temperature better, and I don't need to cover them in tin foil. Set your oven to around 375-390 wait for it to pre heat, then put them in for like 30-35 minutes to let them cook.

Once that's done, take the Steaks out, and give them a liberal coating of that black pepper, to taste. You don't want to completely dust them, but don't just grind it once either. After that, with your hands, kind of knead the steak gently to work the pepper in, but don't do it too much, sort of like just giving it a massage. After that let them sit for about 10 minutes or so to breathe. Once that's done, take them out and set them on the grill, around the edges, close the lid, open the smoke hatches a little bit, and let them start smoking, turning them as needed, you know your grill.

While the steaks are breathing, shuck the corn. You're then going to want to make some fair sized hershey kiss looking things out of tin foil for your greens. Make each big enough to fit it's appropriate green, and put a little bit of water into them, followed by the greens. Set those aside, you'll only need them near the end of the night.

Fast Forward 15 minutes or so(hopefully you've flipped the steaks at least once or twice): The potatoes should be nearly done by now, and you should be ready to put your veggies on the grill. This is where you're going to need some help or some quick feet. Once you put the corn on the grill you'll want to put the rolls into the oven to start cooking for 2-3 minutes or so to warm up appropriately. So put the corn on, then skurry back to the grill, and flip the corn after about 20-30 seconds on each side. Once you have the corn on the last side, put the hershey kiss things of tin foil with your greens onto the grill and let them steam for just a bit.

If you've timed everything right (and I haven't left out a step or 3 here and there) everything should be done at just about the same time, and you should have a super great Summer dinner with very little clean up and mountains of deliciousness. Serve with your Beer of choice and enjoy.

So, I know you guys have to know your way around the grill too, so let's hear your secrets.