Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TALKBASS Hacked???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PhatBasstard, Aug 12, 2003.

1. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Did TalkBass get hacked or something today???

I wake up to 64 emails from old and current threads and private messages. Many were multiples of the same thing.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ya, I got one of those "verification" e-mails that you get when you first sign up.

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i didn't get anything...

both of you registered after jan 1, 2002...maybe that had sumthing to do with it..

i dunno...maybe it wasn't a hacker..maybe a bug

4. Must be a supporting member thing...

5. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    can't be...cuz i didn't get anything

maybe all the supporting members who aren't mods

i really have no clue

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    did you ever sign up to recieve email notifications?

I never did, and I didn't get any emails today.

7. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    yup, i receive emails on alomst everything

8. Strange. I didn't get anything. Maybe someone targeted you!!:eek:

jtbp

9. Also happened to me although it was only 7 "new post" mails that weren't right. I should also mention that directly before that i got "Server not Found" when trying to access TB

10. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I haven't recieved anything.....I feel left out. :bawl:

11. Yeah...I got a reply from a thread...that was like 2 months ago...it was weird.:confused:

12. i dunno, i get emails for reply's, but i set up a different yahoo account for those, they are kinda annoying, and if you turn email notification off then it doesnt automatically subscribe you to a thread in "my talkbass", which i use all the time

13. I didn't get anything, so its not just a Supporting memeber thing.

14. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I have the email notification turned on, but it's been real spotty lately.

5 people will reply to a thread and I'll get 1 email for it (as it should be until I access that thread again).

or....

5 people will reply to a thread and I'll get 5 separate emails.:(

However, for the last couple months, often times I'll get none for a particular thread (but still be notified for others), or I'll get the notification(s) hours, or even a day after the fact.:confused:

Then today I get slammed with 71 (final total) all at once. They all had the current date (on the email itself), but none of the threads had a recent (within a day or two) post.

Weird.:meh:

15. I've been getting that lately. I'll get like 1 email for 5 replies in one thread and another thread ill get 5 replies for each seperate one. Also, I noticed that it will send me notifications on threads from the same person like 5 times, and have 1 post from that person, or NO post at all.

16. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    PM Paul and tell him the latest goss :D

17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

As John mentioned in another similar thread - Paul has been doing housekeeping and the server was re-booted while I was online yesterday - I got a warning message.

18. ide rather get a new email every time theres anything different in a thread, so i dont miss something, if i dont need the email i just delete it.

19. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Not needed since the "one" email should take you to the first "unread" post (if more than one since last log-in). At that point you are reset so if there are more posts later you will get another email, good for all successive posts until you log-in again.

Since I've been notified both ways, I don't know how it's truly supposed to happen with this site.