1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Talkbass is in the midst of a blight

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BioDriver, May 14, 2019 at 8:11 PM.

1. No

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Carrots

34 vote(s)
    72.3%
  3. O’Doyle family rules!

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    A carrot blight.

It’s been weeks - maybe months even! - that a poll has been posted where carrots were included. Nobody seems to be offering them, nor has their absence been mentioned heretofore!

I fear that our required carotenoid intake will not be met in the future. We must right the ship, lest “something else” usurps the throne from our noble carrot!

2. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    You're right but, upon reflection, your post doesn't contain a poll with carrots either. It could easily have been "do you miss the carrots?", or "are carrots on the endangered species list?"

If you're not part of the solution...

:D

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    2D0907C9-3121-40E1-A081-5B761897CF3E.

4. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    This should be a poll, then. Options could include: 1) We have too many carrots, 2) We don't have enough carrots, 3) the carrot ratio is perfect, 4) Carrots.

5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    The giraffes have been eating the carrots.

6. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    I like baby carrots in brown sugared butter. Sure, they may not be the veal parmigiana that the produce aisle attendant promises, but they're good from time to time. Heck, they're not even a solid replacement for a well prepared wienerschnitzel.

I'd even prefer peas in butter with oregano over most preparations of carrots.

Carrots are just... fine.

mikewalker and Spidey2112 like this.
  7. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    If your produce aisle attendant promises carrots will taste like veal parmigiana, ask him what he's on and where you can get some! :roflmao:

(Candied carrots are pretty awesome)

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 8:43 PM
  8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  9. I beg your pardon. Just last week i posted a poll that included “organic carrots” as an option.

BTW, My wife makes a terrific carrot cake.

10. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    After the carrot blight of 2019, things were pretty bleak. With the loss of their staple crop, bassists were forced into crowded ships headed for far off locales such as TalkAccordion, TalkBagpipe, TalkPennywhistle and TalkTheremin. A quarantine and blockade kept them from landing at TalkSynth and TalkGuitar...

11. Sparkl

Sparkl

Apr 23, 2011
    Europe
    It is time for spinach my friend!

12. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Why don't we retire the carrot on this site and start to use a new veggie... or fruit... or mineral... or Mos Eisley cantina character?

redwingxix and SactoBass like this.
  13. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    Well, it is long past time to take the studded snow tires off it for the summer.

mikewalker likes this.
  14. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I remember we once switched to oatmeal. I guess that was just a phase.

15. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Potatoes have eyes.:woot:

Old Blastard likes this.
  16. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    That's Oatmeal, buddy. And it's a whole other thing than Carrots. We have a club and our Dear Leader & everything....

Old Blastard and mikewalker like this.
  17. Poll: What do you like to eat?

( ) Whole carrots
    ( ) Peeled carrots
    ( ) Diced carrots
    ( ) All of the carrots

mikewalker likes this.
  18. tr4252

tr4252

May 27, 2013
    China just imposed a huge carrot tariff.

Tom

19. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    We did a short stint with TNC (Tuna Noodle Casserole) as well. We have @slobake ti thank/blame for that. :D