Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TalkBass meeting:Alexi David

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Who fell by the session of the Tuesday Night Self Deprecation Society and played a few. Very nice cat, BIG sound, nice ideas.
    He's gonna be very happy in NYC.

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    pardon my ignorance Ed. Who is this cat ?

3. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    ...oh, just another one of those guys who keeps changing his handle...

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    ouch...

5. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    ...I musta forgot a smiley. Wasn't meant to be an ouch, just a friendly dig!

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i know...

7. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Useta be MingusFingus...

8. I had a feeling about this cat...I'm So glad he got his ass outta Cypress!!

9. Is this session a regular thing? If so where is it?

10. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    It's not a public session, just Dan and Dave and Chris and me, unless somebody that I type to is coming in from out of town. Monte's been by, Solomon Dorsey (bassdivo). Or somebody has to sub out cause they got another commitment. It's at Joe's studio.

11. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    NYC
    I'm blushing.....

Had a FABULOUS time, especially after I got over most of my anxiety and nervousness! Ed and the rest of the guys treated me great - and they sound great too!

Paul, I was just in NYC for xmas - but the plan is to move back (finally) Before September!