Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TalkBass New Look?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumzini, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    So it seems to me there are a few additions to the site. I missed it somewhere then just realized it today when I was logging on from another computer. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what's changed? Such as what does the lil dots next to our usernames signify?

2. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Shows whether you're online or not. for other changes, I don't know.

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ah, very good. Thank you.

4. I believe the MSN messenger icon has changed(more 3d looking)...I believe it also shows all users post counts, not just supporting members...and thats all I've noticed so far.

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    the way you edit posts is different too

6. Looks good, except some of the icons might look a bit wierd with the "Blues" style (that I'm currently using).

7. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I haven't seen those green dots. The only difference is that I can see my post count in my messages. Besides, I have to put the bold, italics, smilies and everything else manually. Nothing works here.

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    In soviet russia... forum posts you!

9. I love the new, faster edit post function. Being a non-native English speaker, I tend to edit my posts quite often.

10. If you go have a look in Paul's Shack section, he tell us that if the buttons in the "Reply To Topic" screen do not work, try opening a reply and then first thing you do is press Ctl F5 to enable all the smilies and bold/italics etc.

11. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

I've just did it, but nothing different happens.

12. Yeah, I had to do it a couple of times before it worked, but its all fine now.

If you keep having trouble, take a look in the Report Bugs section of Pauls Shack - the answer might be in the threads there.

13. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Still not working. I've looked in Paul's Shack and as far as I understood, the Ctrl F5 thing works for Firefox. I use IE. I'll keep trying, though.