Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TalkBass Pro Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by paul, Apr 3, 2004.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I'm thinking about sending out a round of invitations to bring on board some more 'pros' for the "Ask the Pros" forum. Is there an accomplished bassist / teacher / industry expert that you feel would make a good addition to the category?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    www.dave-king.com

A great underrated bassist (US-expat in Germany, son of opera singer James King), who probably has a lot to talk about and teach. His being a teacher (assistant professor at Mannheim School of Music) might be a good asset too.

He definitely deserves a bit more recognition. He's a monster.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Jeez, it's hard to say. I mean, I would have never guessed Mike Watt would be on our boards.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    how about Mark White

5. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    How about Mark Dresser or Robert Black ?

6. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Adam Nitti. Fantastic person, teacher and player. May be a little busy with Music Dojo though.

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I would really like to see industry reps from the various "big brands" having a little presence on TB. We already have Bob Lee from QSC and Ameg Insider, but it would be great if someone from Fender / SWR etc were able to answer questions. Obviously it would have to be a forum well moderated to keep "complaint" type posts out, but having a forum for "Ask the manufacturer" or something would be quite useful for getting product news / gossip and info!

Also, it wouldnt hurt to email a few big name bassists who use the internet a lot for example Victor Wooten to have a dedicated pro forum.

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Anthony Jackson always has something interesting to say, and doesn't usually go with the normal train of thought bassists tend to get stuck in. Might be worth a shot.

9. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Bootsy!

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Seconded, Thirdeded, and Fourthedededed!