TalkBass Pro Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by paul, Apr 3, 2004.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I'm thinking about sending out a round of invitations to bring on board some more 'pros' for the "Ask the Pros" forum. Is there an accomplished bassist / teacher / industry expert that you feel would make a good addition to the category?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    www.dave-king.com

A great underrated bassist (US-expat in Germany, son of opera singer James King), who probably has a lot to talk about and teach. His being a teacher (assistant professor at Mannheim School of Music) might be a good asset too.

He definitely deserves a bit more recognition. He's a monster.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Jeez, it's hard to say. I mean, I would have never guessed Mike Watt would be on our boards.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    how about Mark White

5. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    How about Mark Dresser or Robert Black ?

6. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Adam Nitti. Fantastic person, teacher and player. May be a little busy with Music Dojo though.

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I would really like to see industry reps from the various "big brands" having a little presence on TB. We already have Bob Lee from QSC and Ameg Insider, but it would be great if someone from Fender / SWR etc were able to answer questions. Obviously it would have to be a forum well moderated to keep "complaint" type posts out, but having a forum for "Ask the manufacturer" or something would be quite useful for getting product news / gossip and info!

Also, it wouldnt hurt to email a few big name bassists who use the internet a lot for example Victor Wooten to have a dedicated pro forum.

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Anthony Jackson always has something interesting to say, and doesn't usually go with the normal train of thought bassists tend to get stuck in. Might be worth a shot.

9. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Bootsy!

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Seconded, Thirdeded, and Fourthedededed!