Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TalkBass Suggestion....

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Joe Nerve, May 26, 2002.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    If it were possible, I think it would be great to be able to do a band and city search of members. The current "search" function doesn't include information that's contained in the profiles. A lot of times I see great bassists playing and wonder if they're members of Talkbass. If they are It would be cool to be able to find out and "talkbass" with them. A lot of times I feel like going to check out a band also and I'd love to give support to fellow talkbassers, but I don't know who all the people are from my area. I think this search addition would be a great plus for our community.

Anyone else agree? Is it possible? Do I need to email Paul with the suggestion???

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    That's a great idea!!!!

Of course, if Paul's up to it that is. ;)

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This sounds like a pretty neat idea to me. I am moving it to the Suggestion Box Forum.;)

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've often wished I could search the "gear owned" field of user profiles...

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think this is a GREAT IDEA.

6. I like the idea too, but

Devils advocate on
    We already have a gig calander for the same purpose.
    /Devils advocate

But,

Devils Advocate to my previous Devil's advocate on
    Not many people use the gig calender.
    /Devils advocate

I also like Hategears idea. Maybe changing search options to include all parts of a members profile? That way if I am thinking of buying say a Conklin, I could use that search function, and PM John Turner about his opinion on Conklins.