Talkbass's Equal...Guitar...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassDodger, Dec 22, 2003.

1. BassDodger

BassDodger Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    Hey, all. I am looking for a guitarist's site as big as Talkbass. My band is currently in between Lead players and I'm looking for a HUGE site so that I may be able to reach as many guitar players as I can...

Thanks in advance,

2. SEARCH!!!!:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

This has been done a MILLION times dude. There used to be a but it died somehow and wasn't as big as TB to begin with. Google search it!
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    OMg search. PLEASE
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm here all week folks.
  6. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well, I don't think that would do you any good.

If you look at TB members' locations, there are hardly two people from the same area. So you'd be reaching some thousands of guitarists, but from all over the world.

You should try to find some Florida musicians board to have atleast some chance of finding someone. Perhaps it's better to post a note to your local stores wall.
  7. BassDodger

BassDodger Guest

Jul 14, 2002

OMg, I DID. OMg, I found THOUSANDS. OMg, after going through FORTY or so, I came to the conclusion that there are thousands out there with 5-25 registered users! READ THE POST! I am looking for the LARGEST (most users) out there, equal to TALKBASS! OMg, do NOT assume everyone who asks for help is an IDIOT...PLEASE...

Dude, I'm SURE it HAS been done a million times, but I wasn't there to read the POSTS- this is NOT something you can easily serch TalkBass for. WWW.TALKGUITAR.COM was the FIRST thing I looked for, dude. Dude, "it died somehow and wasn't as big as TB to begin with" doesn't help me or anybody else.

I have seen this kind of thing happen here too many times. It's like there's just a huge group of people WAITING to pounce on someone new or unexpecting. This is why I do not come here as much as I used to. YOU need to calm down. YOU need to READ THE POST. If YOU do not know the answer, then DON'T POST- I thought (apparently in some kinda dream-like state) that this was a place where one could ask a question and get several good answers. As it stands right now, it looks as though out of three people, one will answer with SOMETHING, and the other two will climb your butt for asking....who wants or needs that?

Thank you, Nick. I appreciate your time and thoughfulness,

8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hehe, you're a funny guy, not. the "OMg" was simply me holding the Shift button down too long. and the PLEASE was called emphasis.
  9. BassDodger

BassDodger Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    Hey, thanks- I'm coming to that conclusion as well. Although there are many MORE guitarplayers than Bassplayers, they are all scattered about in the savagery of small tribes, unaware that others have built kingdoms while they beat their chests and have no country.
  10. Maybe if you READ those posts you searched for, then you would see that no one has any damned idea as for a site! Tabcrawler is the closest your gonna get unless you do some damned research and find one yourself. This subject has been answered a million times. The answer is going to be the same REGARDLESS if you ask for one as big as TB or as small as TG was. Stop getting pissed at me for telling you the damned truth!

edit: Also, how is this NOT the easiest thing to search for on a BASS site?
  11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Curious, you searched, found the many many many many threads about this, yet still had to ask?

surely those threads would have let you know that there IS NOT a talkbass of guitar, there are a grip of guitar forums, but none are anywhere near the size and integrity of TB.

There were maybe 3 or 4 of these threads in the past 2 or 3 weeks, They didn't yield any results, did you expect to get different responses by starting a new one? maybe in those 2 weeks a new guitar forum just sprung out of the ground with 20,000+ members and over a million posts.

Sure, the internet is a big place, and I went for a while on the net before I knew about TB, but there are quite a few guitar players here, and given the sheer volume of musician's in general, if there WERE a guitar version of TB, you'd be sure that people here would know about it.

either way, Tsmall is right, if you are looking for a new lead player, an online forum isn't exactly the best place to start, your home town is.

that's not to say you might not meet someone in your area online, but it is far less likely.

:) :p :D nice.
  12. BassDodger

BassDodger Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    Then don't post. Real simple. YOU obviously don't know the answer- I was betting on Human Nature that someone does. I don't want to talk to YOU, I want to talk to the person that KNOWS. If I were to ask "what is the OHM rating for a G string with a volume pot that's rated at 25 OHMS in the middle position" and you didn't know the answer, YOU WOULDN'T POST. WHY, on God's Green Earth, are you doing it NOW?

LOOK, I'm not trying to start a flamewar here, but DAMN- leave it alone. You don't know the answer...
  13. Your right, I don't know the answer. Hell, obviously if you searched NO ONE KNOWS THE DAMN ANSWER! So why start the thread if you will get no answers? Huh? Think about that one!
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Not trying to start a flame war? then why are you being so aggressive.

Tyler's statement was simple, and his follow-up was true.

If you did a search and read the posts, you'd know the answer(that there is no guitar forum of the size and quality of TB)

sheesh, what more do you want?

sure, there MIGHT be a guitar forum of equal size, but I'd bet that the integrity and quality is far lacking, either way, isn't it obvious now, from the troves of posts in the past(quite recent as well as ancient) that no one here knows?
  15. BassDodger

BassDodger Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    THAT, is an answer. That's what I wanted to know. That I cannot find with a search engine (or the comination of search engines that I employed). THANKYOU, Wrong Robot. I Have come to the conclusion that I will take your advise.

See what he did there? He answered the question. He didn't go off and rant about me not using a search engine- he answered with the same conclusion that I came up with- at least it's something.

All I Wanted...
  16. And once again - If you did a lil thinking and research then you wouldn't even NEED this thread for someone to tell you there isn't one as great as TB.
  17. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    edit (jt) : hey bud, you know better. very uncool. :mad: consider this a warning. it stops here.dammit
  18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, my answer was derived from tyler's statements, so you should give him more credit.

For fun, I did a google search

and found this place

you gotta register to view the forums, but it looks pretty sizable, about 88,000 posts, and 4000 members

not a bad place to start, at least.

I have no clue whether it's 88,000 posts of inane babble or actual information, but either way, no harm in looking.

but again, you are not likely to find a new lead player on a random internet forum, so take that with a grain of salt.
  19. BassDodger

BassDodger Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm not. There has been NOTHING aggressive in my posts here- I'm mearly pointing the aggressiveness out...