1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TalkBox info

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Introvox, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi gang,

Just built myself a TalkBox...cost me $70, I had few connectors a switch, and the wood for the case already.

Does anybody have any info about Talkboxes on bass, technique, setup ideas, etc.

By the way, I tried it on my Synth...friggin awesome!

Thanx
    Introvox (Rob)
    www.divashow.ca

2. I have an old Dean Markley Talk Box 100 that I use a GK MLS head to drive along with a 1x12. I run the tube up to a Shure SM57 and it worx great. I got it thrown in to sweeten a deal and have had it forever with the original diaphram and box. I mostly use distortion and echo as far as efx go.

3. Dude! I love talk boxes! they are just so cool. I haven't really been able to find em cheap. I don't know if I would even have much of a use for it though. I normally don't use effects, and when I do, I use distortion or wah. My wah pedal was stolen about a year ago and I never replaced it. :(

4. talk boxes are cool ! i have a digetech talker and i think it works great. no seperate amp or slobber tube .just hook it up like an effect pedal and plug a mic into it . you can speak very clearly with it also . but i agree with chaosgwar i havent found much use for it other then just being a really cool toy!