Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TalkBox info

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Introvox, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi gang,

Just built myself a TalkBox...cost me $70, I had few connectors a switch, and the wood for the case already.

Does anybody have any info about Talkboxes on bass, technique, setup ideas, etc.

By the way, I tried it on my Synth...friggin awesome!

Thanx
    Introvox (Rob)
    www.divashow.ca

2. I have an old Dean Markley Talk Box 100 that I use a GK MLS head to drive along with a 1x12. I run the tube up to a Shure SM57 and it worx great. I got it thrown in to sweeten a deal and have had it forever with the original diaphram and box. I mostly use distortion and echo as far as efx go.

3. Dude! I love talk boxes! they are just so cool. I haven't really been able to find em cheap. I don't know if I would even have much of a use for it though. I normally don't use effects, and when I do, I use distortion or wah. My wah pedal was stolen about a year ago and I never replaced it. :(

4. talk boxes are cool ! i have a digetech talker and i think it works great. no seperate amp or slobber tube .just hook it up like an effect pedal and plug a mic into it . you can speak very clearly with it also . but i agree with chaosgwar i havent found much use for it other then just being a really cool toy!