Talked to Epifani today...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Smallequestrian, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Called there today to ask about the new Performance line. Don't recall who exactly I talked to but he was pretty informative.

The Performance 600 amp will basically be a one channel version of the UL502 and a little lighter weight. It will sell for $999.

The cabs will not be holding Neos, so they will be closer to the weight of your average non neo cab. The Performance cabs have been designed to have more of a scooped mid sound, whereas the UL series are relatively even sounding. Of course he pointed out that if you know what you are doing you can EQ them relatively flat.

All products will be available in 2-3 weeks, so any decent Epifani dealer should be able to assist you in ordering if interested. The website will recieve a massive update in March. I think I see the amp in my near future, but I am going with a UL112 for a cab right now. I will definately be interested in hearing the Performance 210 at $499 though.
  2. Thanks for the news, a UL410 is in my future. I think I may hold off until I hear some reviews of the Performance series. The weight is definitely an issue for me though.

3. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Thanks for the info. I'm really interested in that Performance 600 head. I don't need the 2 channels of the UL502, and lighter is always better to me!
  4. Cool!

Thanks for the update

5. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Thanks for the info. A one-channel version of the UL502 at a reduced price would suit me just fine!
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

the new amps are great, but i'm a little apprehensive of the "mid cut" only knob, cause i'd rather have the semi-parametric knob of the UL502. *shrug*
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks for the information gathering! :)
  8. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    The new amps sound really good. They are very big and fat sounding. They'd probably kill in an R&B setting.