Talking about missing TBers, where are DHC and Peter McFerrin?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Did they elope or something?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah I was wondering that myself.

Smug's been gone for a long time.

When I got the Recordings mod job it was because DHC didn't want to do it anymore, maybe something came up.

I hope they are both okay.:(
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I miss DHC :(

for old times' sake
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ah, for lo, I talk to Pete on a daily basis.

He's quit TB; he just felt he spent too much time here, and that he'd learned all he could and wanted to concentrate on other things.

Long and the short: he felt TB outlived it's usefullness to him.
    He's fine, just no longer a TBer.

I myself am going to be all but absent from TB as well come September.
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Pretty smug attitude. The day I quit learning is the day I die. I learn something new here almost every day, and I don't think that'll change.

Oh, to be 20 again...
  6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Are you taking a break, or leaving all together?
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No, learned all he could from Talkbass, not period. Pete's not THAT smug. He's still doing the learning thing like a mutha (I actually admire his tenacity in learning), just not from TB.

Nick: Possibly period. I'm just not enjoying Talkbass like I used to, and at this point, I'm only still here because of a crippling addiction to TB, so I'd like to use my move as a way to cut down/off TB.
  8. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I noticed Peter and DHC were gone, but when the ivy is wilting from the heat, well it's time to move on. [ Peter wasn't the only Ivy basshead that was ever on TB. ]

When the trauma of college transition is over, gainful employment is found [ there is such a thing?], I expect we will hear a little from older, smugger members.

Some of us have already been there, but we still enjoy interacting with other musicians.

They will have their space, we will welcome their return.

9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Cassanova seems to be missing as well, we used to chat nearly nightly on AIM, and I haven't seen him on in a while.

All these people leaving here are depressing.
  10. Yep, the "vibe" of TB seems to be changing, and not for the better.

Or maybe it's just the summertime blues.
  11. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    This kind of crap is why a lot of good members have decided to drop out of TB.

The board has turned into a teenage chat board. I for one am sick of absolutely stupid posts,like the one above, that are only made for post count.

I'm afraid that we are going to see a lot of other members leaving.

12. Word Pkr2, word.

Although OS appears to be in his mid 30's.
  13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I sent him an email the other day as well (without reply). I hope he's alright. He seems to have dropped offline. I know he had some computer issues last month too.

14. lol, osama_spears is actually 14 years old. He just wanted (and suceeded) at tricking you:D
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    no doubt... like squashing ants, the more users you block, the more they show up :rolleyes:
  16. I disagree...I said that in a joke,the forum would loosen up a bit...everyone is so tense around here,we can all be friends,share info,and abide by the rules all while having fun :)

I even put a smiley to ensure I was kidding , and I'm not doing it for post count...I am doing it to joke around with people.

Geesh,sorry :rolleyes:

Oh...and another thing,I am appauld that you dare call me a child! I am 38! :mad: ;)

EDIT: If the tables were turned...and there was a post about me missing(I doubt there would be one)I'm sure DHC would post something like "Osama...Osama who?" or Peter would say some joke about me...So,it'd be the same situation. Don't judge someone on there age...
  17. Wow...finally someone understands me around here! :rolleyes: ;) :D

18. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Pkr, I agree, and hopefully you will not be one of the leaving parties. I guess it's a time for the kids to grow up and the elderly to loosen up. There has to be a happy medium.

That being said, it is not directed at anyone or any post. Just my $.02
  19. I agree to the fullest...

If it bothers you guys,I will try not to joke as much as I do,and I will be more long as you guys loosen up and keep your bad comments to yourself,as will I :)