1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Tall Font Sovtek Green Russian Big Muff (no screws on top)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by jaroh24, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    Price:
    Have to let go of my Sovtek Big Muff today. I found I'm not using it a whole lot, and I want it to go to an owner who would appreciate/use it more. Plus I could use the cash right now.

This is an original tall font Sovtek green Russian Big Muff with the screws on the sides. This is the holy grail of big muff tones for bass. The pedal is all original except for a few parts. The top knob is not original. The old footswitch was removed by Matt from Wren & Cuff when he modded it (the original footswitch is included with it though). Lastly, the battery connector was added later on too, as the old one was corroded. Wren & Cuff also modded it so that it would become true bypass and have zero "tone suck."

Cosmetically, its in ok shape and paint is falling off, but I think it adds to the character of the pedal. You can still read most of the lettering on the pedal as seen in the photos. Its an old pedal regardless, so its not going to look new. I take really good care of my pedals, and this one hasn't left the house but for a handful of times.

I'm asking $275 for this because of the Wren & Cuff mods which cost $75 or so alone. No trades please. Feel free to ask questions or make an offer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. mysteryroach

mysteryroach

Jul 7, 2016
    Out of curiosity, where'd you get that battery cover. I've got a Tall Font I might try and sell locally in my own country, but it'd be nice to shove a new cover on it before I list it.

3. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    It came with the pedal when I bought it used. I believe it is the original battery cover. It doesn't like to stay snapped in place though, so I had to use tape to keep it down

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  4. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    UPDATE: will consider trades for the mini ditto looper + cash