1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Taming Peavey IPR LED lights

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gastric, Apr 22, 2010.

1. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    I have a Peavey IPR 1600 I've been extremely happy with. I've paired it with a couple different premaps, sent my M-Audio ProFire output to it, powered a couple different cabs with it. I really have no complaints overall.

However, the massive amount of LIGHT coming out of this unit has finally started to annoy me. I've got a nice tame, mostly black, rack then this big shiny silver Christmas tree putting on a multi-colored LED light show. ;)

I guess I mostly just want to kill the internal LED array. I know the unit is on as the power button and Peavey logo are brighter, plus the channel LEDs are lit. That's already plenty of lights. :)

Has anyone attempted to physically disable or remove the internal LED array? My other thought is to simply try to black it out by covering it with some tape, marker, or paint. Tape would be easily reversible.

2. fcajr

fcajr

May 18, 2009
    Kansas City
    How about taping some cellophane over the lights - different color cellophane might reduce the output differently.

3. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    Paint with nail polish???

4. Party gel, in a contrasting color, stuck on with snot tape. Works for my too bright alarm clock.