1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Taming the OC-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by warwick.hoy, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Try adjusting your attack (soft touch, hard touch, etc.) as well as plucking/picking position. Muting technique is also essential as any ringing/extra notes will confuse the circuit and make glitches.

Start with octave 2 rolled back all the way and a 50/50 mix of wet and dry. Try the above, then slowly bring in ocave one.
    Add ocatve 2 to taste. Run it full wet just to hear what's happening to the effected signal.

Try playing staccato first. The OC-2 tracks better with short notes, then begins to fart out on the sustain as the signal decreases.

2. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    great advice.

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    These are the adjustments I've been making to my technique (fingerstyle) and I've been making some breakthroughs with the OC-2. That acceptance is turning into embrace. I've found that the new battery in the bass has cured some tracking issues with the Synth Wah.

It's funny that you've mentioned this because I took a break from Talkbass last night just to spend some quality time with the OC-2. I followed these instructions without actually reading your post. You must have been there in spirit last night Mr. Pickles.

I try and get some new recordings up tonight.

Thanks for everyone's help....I'm starting to see why the OC-2 has been getting so much love lately.