Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tampa Area folks!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lisa Weiss, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Is there anyting going on around Tampa in the vecinity of Christmas? I'm heading down there to help my mom finish moving, and I figured I just might have some time to catch up with some of you, or hit a gig or two.

Lisa

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    not that i live there any more, but there's always something to do in tampa.

salvador dali museum is really cool, as is the art museum downtown, really interesting gardens. the beach is nice even if you're not swimming, lettuce lake park is cool if you're into checking out some swamp. philipi park is right on the bay and is really pretty. ybor city always has tons of bands/bars/clubs open, and is even a little more family oriented these days.

3. Will do, Ed! Any idea where the Mike Ross Quartet is likely to be playing?

Pigpen, I'm originally from Tampa. I was just hoping to hook up with some of the folks here, but thanks for the tips!

Lisa

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Lisa -

If you're going to be around there the 28th and are interested in catching my band, we're playing in Orlando that night.

If you decide to drive over for the gig, mi casa es su casa....Joe can stay too! ;)

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I can pick up a copy of the Weekly Planet sometime tomorrow Lisa, (its got all the entertainment events going on in the Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg area) Ill then be more than happy to post for you whats going on.

Im not too far outta Tampa (about 40 minutes), ifin you and the hubby are up for it, maybe we can do lunch or something.

Id mention my gig, but the only one I have going on are the church ones, I dont have any fill in work scheduled for that time frame, but who knows maybe a gig will open up.

6. Gard...that would be really cool. Send me the details. I'm not sure if we'll still be in the area on the 28th, but if we are, I'll be sure to get by! Your band kicks serious butt! :D

Cass...that would be awesome! We'd love to meet you for lunch.

I'm kind of stuck on time frames, until I get down and see what my mom needs help with, but we're probably heading down sometime this weekend. We'll be spending the first part in Englewood, where her condo is, but it's only about an hour and a half from Tampa, so it wouldn't be hard to cruise up there.

Lisa

7. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Heck yeah! Great band with great players. I've played with LaRue Nickelson the guitarist quite a bit in ensembles at Players School. I assume he still plays guitar with them although I haven't talked to him in a year and a half.

Also, go to Norms on Monday located on Highway 60 close to Clearwater Beach. The best players in the area go there to jam and there is usually a house band .

Man, I miss Florida.