Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tampa TB'ers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jbennardo, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Roll call: who's from the Tampa area? I'm curious as to how many of you are in my general area...

John

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    i'm out on davis island (downtown)

3. I'm in the New Tampa area (basically North Tampa), close to the Pasco Country border. Tampa Palms, actually, if you know where it is. I'm a student at UF, though, so I come home to Tampa from Gainesville every so often.

4. Sweet man. I spent some time in Gainesville. I was attending Santa Fe. How often do you go to Burrito Bros? Did you know they're thinking about opening one in Tampa?

Peace

5. I don't think I've ever eaten at Burrito Brothers, though they'll be catering food one-a-week for a church I go to, so in a few weeks, I'll be eating there. I have to say I enjoy eating at Moes, if they're anything like BB.

Do you play with any groups that do shows in Tampa?

6. Well, first off, you might offend some people if you compare Moe's to Burrito Bros :)
    That place is a cult favorite and some would swear by their recipe. To me, it's a great place to get some grub after a night in downtown G'ville. The wife and I enjoy Moe's, Tijuana flats or ANY other purveyor of burritos!!! It's funny though, if you do any amount of research on Burrito Brothers, you'll see a very loyal group of people.

I'm in two bands right now. One is a rock band that doesn't work much and still trying to get tight. Nothing complicated, just Green Day, Blink, some 80's standards and stuff. Party music.

The second band is more of a Latin/Jazz Fusion project which just got going. I'm hoping this band will push me and challenge me to be a better player. I'm having to learn Latin grooves as well as improv a bit.

7. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I am in St.Pete. :)

8. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    any tampons wanna go to the south fl. gtg?

9. what is that exactly?? :confused:

10. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Moe's..............

11. Damn, that's like one of my favorite phrases... next to "sweet groove, man."

:hyper:

12. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    That's a person from tampa; tampan? tampon? tampanian?

13. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    used to live in palm beach. spent a lot of time in tampa.

14. Oh, I got the first part... I'm wondering about the gtg

15. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    oh, oops: there's a get together post sticky-ed 'round here somewhere's

16. Yeah, I'll be going to the GTG if I'm free. I'd love to meet up with some TBers. In the stickied thread, I think there's a weekend that works best for a guy or two, but no idea on a location yet.