Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tanglewood peacemaker mark 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Murf, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hi guys, just wondering about your thoughts on the Tanglewood peacemaker 2 bass?

I purchased one about 5 years ago and I have to say its been an absolute war horse of an instrument I've used it both live and in the studio and its never given me any trouble, the funny thing is no one seems to have heard of this model bass (generally people talk about the Tanglewood Rebel bass) and I've yet to see on in the shops.

So I'd love to hear anyones opinion on it I mean I keep hearing about Fender Jazz basses with active pups etc etc and yet this Tanglewood (5 years old) has 3 active EMG pickups, a 24 fret neck (bolt on) and a gorgeous satin finish.

The thing is I was thinking of buying the fender deluxe active jazz bass but it only has 20 frets and to be honest I'm not to keen on the styling (that silver pick guard thingy around the tone controls makes no sense to me) so I'd like a comparison between the two please.

cheers

2. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Wow maybe I wont sell the Tanglewood after all, it seems to be pretty unique................

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    do you know if there's a website for Tanglewood?
    thanks

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've noticed some stores in the UK have Tanglewood Curbow basses. Is Tanglewood just the European moniker for the Cort line?

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'm not so sure that cort and tanglewoos are the same. better, it could be, but here in italy Cort are available, but i have never seen a tanglewood. the tanglewood models i have seen on the web seem to be different from cort.

6. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    thats the strange thing, I cant find any info on this model at all it must have been a special edition or something, I've played other model tanglewoods and I've found them to be good beginner basses, however the peacemaker model feels more like a warwick to me thats what caught my attention when I played it first....maybe they dont make em anymore.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

8. Kudos to PanteraFan for that handy ProMusica link!

9. Thanks! I always knew somebody appreciated me around here!

:D:D:D:D

Honestly, thanks to em-bel I now know that my Tabgelwood is semi-reputable.

3 cheers for the moustached one!

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks! And 3 cheers to you for the link.