Tanglewood Rebel 4K basses...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eldarking, Jul 7, 2001.

1. eldarking

eldarking Guest

Jul 7, 2001
    Witham, Essex, UK
    Has anyone used or bought a Tanglewood Rebel 4K bass? I've had mine for about a year. It's absolutely wicked!
    My friend's got an Ibanez, but I think that Tanglewoods are way better! Any useful maintenance info will be much appreciated.
  2. Jones.

Jones. Guest

9 years after Eldarking's post I also add my recommendation of the Rebel 4k bass for a beginner.

4 reasons:
    Rock-bottom cheap in the UK
    Light (one of the lightest basses being produced)
    Widely available online and in music stores here
    Looks good

My transparent black Rebel 4k cost only £150 including delivery NEW a year ago and I do not believe a better deal could have been found then or now.

I have had no problems (from a limited beginnner's point of view) with the setup or make. I have not thrashed it and it is a good now as it was when it arrived.

Another nice point to note: the Tanglewood logo is a lot smaller now than a lot of online pics show ie here: http://redfish-music.co.uk/shop/images/large/REBPACKBKLRG.jpg
    The logo is now half that size.
  3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I have one, in purple, it is indeed super light, and it sounds real, real nice, neck is very fat though, and I'm usually good to go on most four string necks, in the process of sanding it down.
  4. Jones.

Jones. Guest

Excellent, Darkstrike, I am glad to be in such good company here.