Tanning Creams?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lloyd Christmas, Jul 23, 2004.

1. It is summer, and I hate my skin.

On a hot day it would be awfully nice to feel comfortable wearing a pair of shorts, or maybe even breaking out the trunks and going for a swim. However, I absolutely refuse to take off my shirt in public and I am very uncomfortable wearing shorts as well. Why? Because I am so damn white that when I do, my skin glows. Paint nipples on a white shirt and you'll know approximately what I look like. It is quite disgusting and really embarrassing, especially considering I am fairly insecure to begin with.
    The real problem is that I have tried many times to get a tan and have spent many hours outside (in my backyard where nobody can see me), but to no avail. Alas, like everyone in my family, I am genetically incapable of tanning...naturally. So what about artificially? I would probably have to spend hundreds of dollars and many hours in tanning salons to get a tan, and besides, I've heard that is more dangerous than being out in the sun all day without sunscreen. So now I am contemplating trying out one of these tanning creams I've heard about and I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them? If so, how did they work? How long did it last? How expensive was it? What brands are best? Was it waterproof? Do they offer various strengths? Can it change the bone structure of my face and make me better looking?
  2. Hmm. I can't help you out on this topic, but I think this thread could be good for use pasteys trying to get some tannage going on.

As for my personal whiteness, are there any tips or oils that would help if I were to lay out in the sunlight?

I'm a bit sceptical about going out there without any suncreen of any kind, and just kind of getting sunburned, then calling it a day.
  3. Banana oil is a good way to burn up (and tan when the burn recedes). I don't know how well tanning creams work but I think a girl in my grade used it once. She showed up tanned one day and it wasn't great. I think it's just the fact that I'm used to seeing her with a kind of neutral tan, and when she came in dark it just seemed weird.
  4. Yeah, that is why I asked if they have various strengths of the stuff. I don't want to be dark, I just don't want to be a ghost anymore. Mostly I just want to see if I could match the rest of my body to my face, forearms, and neck which are slightly tanned (because they are in the sun all the time).
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Go back in time and hook up your great great great grandmother with a nice Cuban guy. We tan nicely.
  6. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Don't worry about it, we're just bass players.
  7. I have sort of tannish skin, not really but I'm not all pasty.

Try Neutrogena Instant Bronze sunless tanner. It's a pretty good thing, my sister uses it.
  8. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I am half Eskimo. You'd be surprised to see how white we are!

But I do tan pretty nicely, that is, below the elbows on my arms and below the knees...
  9. jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    Self tanning cream works quite well...
    I had an experience with it a good while ago:
    I had just showered and when I got out of the shower my hands felt really dry, so I figured I'd get some sort of hand cream on them, or anything that might help.
    I was at my grandmother's so I didn't really know what to look for, but I found a bottle of self tanning lotion. So I used it, it was basically just like any white moisture lotion, and my hands got quite soft from it.

So.. The next day I woke up and I discovered brown spots spread all over my hand.. ..mostly between my fingers. The tan lasted a while too.. ..so the moral is that tanning lotion definately works. Just remember to keep it spread and even. :smug:
  10. Fixed it.
  11. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    nice one. :D
  12. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  13. Hey, I only speak the truth :p