Tape to CD?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by lo-end, Aug 11, 2001.

1. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I have a casette tape that I want to convert to a CD and I am wondering what is the best way to do this without going to a second generation of tape or lowering the quality. I have a Technics casette deck and a CD burner on my computer. I also have Musicmatch jukebox if I have to record it on my computer or convert it to an MP3 file. Is there a way to plug the tape deck directly into the CD burner, or do I have to record the tape, convert the whole thing to Mp3, then burn it onto a CD? Help!
  2. guac mole

guac mole

Jun 6, 2001
    San Diego, Ca
    my friend made a great tape of his original music, but i don't have a tape player in my car. so what i did was ran it though my MOTU 828 (audio to digital converter) and then burned it to CD. i believed i used a mono to 1/4" adapter into the 828. it worked just fine. maybe if you don't have a converter box, you could try an RCA to mono from your cassette deck into your compter and record directly. Then burn it to cd. try it, though you may lose some quality, i'm not too sure.

3. gluified

Aug 11, 2001
    whatever you do, don't convert it to mp3. just keep it as .wav.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Plug the line out of your tapedeck directly into your soundcard line in. You need a stereo RCA/3.5mm adaptor cable.
    Use a recording software to record the stuff as wav file. With a good audio editor you can slice the file into single song files. If you don't do this you'll get a huge single file and you can't skip songs on the cd later on.
    Burn the wavs with any burner soft.

Oh, and you can't plug your tape directly into the DR-burner.