1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tapewounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by smtnfi, Mar 30, 2013.

1. smtnfi

smtnfi

Mar 29, 2013
    played Rotosound Trubass for a while but the gauge is weird. Anyone try the D'Addario tapewounds?

2. speak2planets

speak2planets

Oct 25, 2012
    Hotlanta
    I have a set on my Modulus fretless and love them. They sound crazy warm and have the greatest mwah. But the best tapes I have ever used are LaBella white tapewounds. I have a set of those on my acoustic fretted and they play like butter. Nice even sound and great feel and tension

3. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    I use these on my Dean ABG. Great sound and feel, plus they're reasonably priced.

4. smtnfi

smtnfi

Mar 29, 2013
    white tapes? interesting. but yeah I had the old 65-115 roto tapes on my fretless and they were way too big for the nut and bridge. I take it D'Addario tapewounds are a sound investment?

5. I had em before I switched up to the higher gauge rotos.
    They're great strings! I tried them first because of the more "normal" gauges. They definitely gave me the confidence to "dive in" to the rotos.
    To me, they feel a lot more "nylon-y" than the rotos, which I think might throw some people at first. I kinda just went with it & ended up really diggin em ;)

6. I've had D'Addario Tapes on my Squier Standard Precision V since September. Really nifty strings. I'm enjoying them!

7. LaBella's Black Nylons used to be my preferred strings. Tried D'addario's, and now they took the place of the LaBella's. The main reason was that they are more flexible, without much change in tone.

8. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    D'Addario tapes are probably my favorite string. They sound great, feel incredible, and have a good lower tension.

9. I have them on 3 of my basses. Probably my favorite strings.

10. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I have them on my Barker. I have 2 other basses with LaBellas.... Like 'em both.