Tapping Harmonics

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by iceblinko, Feb 17, 2004.

1. iceblinko

Jul 15, 2003
    i was just wondering what the best amp setting would be to have tapped harmonics come out more in the mix (live). i play in an experimental post-hardcore band ( i guess you can call it that!), so it's not like for wanky soloing or anything like that.. just in a few parts.. mostly really quiet parts. i've just kinda started fooling around with this technique.. so if anyone has any suggestions in practicing this technique or how to get the best sound out of it, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks all!!

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    solo your bridge pickup,
    i have heard adding mids helps, Wooten said that is the BP article so its probably true. didnt do this my sound is already very mid heavy (wenge neck warwick with low mids at about 5 and upper mids at about 2)

another important thing is to hit the harmonic exactly on the node i.e fret C on the G string then tap the string over 11th, 17th, and the 24th frets to result in an artificial harmonic.

p.s. just started exploring this techinque myself so if i explained it incorrectly, somebody please correct me.