tapping movie

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by paniak17, Jun 15, 2004.

1. are there any really good tapping book or movie out there? (perferably movie)

because i have this really cool song i wrote, but it requires a lot of tapping! my bassline is my left and my "solo" is my right hand
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I feel that it really comes down to practice.

You should practice scales with your right hand until you are comfortable and then attempt seperate parts. Your left hand is already conditioned to tapping so little to no practice will be required for that hand.

Playing two seperate parts together (think Linus and Lucy) is quite a challenge though. If I was going to try to create a piece like that I would practice both seperately till I could play both perfectly, and then try to play them together.

Good luck.
  3. yeah but i have one hell of a poor technique going for my right hand, ill only use my middle finger, arnt you supposed to use all of them?
  4. would you guys advise me to lower my action?
  5. tea

Sep 30, 2003
    It helps to lower your action as low as it goes without buzz. i dont do this, but i prefer a sharper "tap" sound and i think the lower action tends to mask flaws in technique. anywho, when "learning" your line work it out so that your hands hit notes at the same time. that is, stack the notes so the notes on the same beat...dunno, make any sense? in linus and lucy, for example, its much easier once you realize which notes to hit at the same time with each hand. yeah.
  6. I wrote it in such a way that i only have to hit one note at a time, but holding my left hand notes while right hand does single notes...
  7. elbass

Aug 6, 2001
    San Antonio TX
    The best tapping instuctional video I've seen is "The Art of Tapping" by Dewayne Pate. You can get it at www.videoprogressions.com.
  8. yeah ive seen it, but look at the price!
  9. elbass

Aug 6, 2001
    San Antonio TX
    All the Video Progressions tapes are little pricey compared to other videos I've seen. They are very well done and have lots of good info-they're worth it, if you think you can afford them.
  10. seequeue

Feb 13, 2004
    try to get them off ebay for a cheap price, that's what i did.
  11. already tried to, nothing found... :crying:
  12. actually im thinking aobut getting it now, if anyones ever bought this, please review it. thank you!
  13. or the slap bass progam, can someone review that, thanks!
  14. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    WOW. Doug Wimbish is awesome. :eek:
  15. i think there are a few lessons on www.warrguitars.com you can download that might help you out.
  16. fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    wow thanks man! that jonathan estes kid was grooovvvin HARD with the guitars on that fretless towards the end!..
  17. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Yeah that was neat.

I wish I was that talented. :(

Maybe I'm just too lazy.