Tapping (On Guitar) In a musical sense of the term

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Edward Van Halen... he does nothing for me. I like Van Halen's tunes, but that's because they are fun. I'm not wowed by super fast triplets.

I am, on the other hand.... wowed by this...

Justin King... enjoy!
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    You should check out Kaki King(no relation) and Michael Hedges. Michael hedges was kind of the godfather of that style playing, he really did some whacky cool stuff on the acoustic guitar. Kaki King is from the same school of acoustic guitar awesomeness, though she is far younger and ultimately, pursuing a different sound in the end, but she still makes some sweet music.
  3. its true...justin king is amazing...check out the song hodown...i love it! plus, hedges did a cd with manring, and its pretty cool!
  4. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Stanley Jordan did some good stuff in the past as well, have not kept up with his recent stuff.
  5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Kaki King studied under Michael Hedges for a little while, and spent a bit more time with Preston Reed. She is an amazing artist, IMO (and not too bad on the eyes, either!).
    Kaki King
  6. Kaki King is darned impressive. I saw her on Conan a while back and was floored.
  7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Kaki King was in town this past week, and I missed it. Though I doubt I would have been able to get tickets...
  8. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Yeah, this guy's a highly underrated and very versatile guitarist. He's not just good at the tap/slap steelstring thing.
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Kaki is awesome. I saw here on *gag* Carson Daley. I gotta admit, I saw a girl with an accoustic guitar that looked like Lisa Loeb (sp?) and thought "Here we go again..." but she blew me away.
  10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Kaki King is awesome. It's a shame I don't own her cd's.