Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tapping tracks

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DeepDeath, Jun 27, 2003.

1. may anyone give me some songs by solo basses or even yourself with tapping in them, i want to get a clear since of what tapping sounds like. thanks in advance

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A lot of Michael Manring's work involves tapping, but his stuff can be a little abstract at times.

Victor wooten has an arrangement of "over joyed" and "norweigan wood" that feature a lot of tapping(overjoyed being entirely composed in touchstyle)

Stu hamm has som excellent touchstyle(tapping) pieces, including an arrangement of "linus and lucy"

There are a couple members on the board who are quite skilled at the chapman stick, which is a touchstyle oriented instrument, not to mention conventional touchstyle playing on their basses.

I'm afraid I don't ahve any links off hand, but I'm sure they will chime in soon enough.

I recently recorded myself playing Overjoyed, it's not perfect, but it's not bad, I'll try and post it later.