1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tapping tracks

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DeepDeath, Jun 27, 2003.

1. may anyone give me some songs by solo basses or even yourself with tapping in them, i want to get a clear since of what tapping sounds like. thanks in advance

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A lot of Michael Manring's work involves tapping, but his stuff can be a little abstract at times.

Victor wooten has an arrangement of "over joyed" and "norweigan wood" that feature a lot of tapping(overjoyed being entirely composed in touchstyle)

Stu hamm has som excellent touchstyle(tapping) pieces, including an arrangement of "linus and lucy"

There are a couple members on the board who are quite skilled at the chapman stick, which is a touchstyle oriented instrument, not to mention conventional touchstyle playing on their basses.

I'm afraid I don't ahve any links off hand, but I'm sure they will chime in soon enough.

I recently recorded myself playing Overjoyed, it's not perfect, but it's not bad, I'll try and post it later.