Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by usernamessuck, Jan 18, 2004.

1. i need to some good tapping songs for the bass before the nalent show next month please i want to win thanks:bassist:
  2. W32Hybris

Jan 18, 2004
    south Florida
    learn "While my guitar gently weeps", the version by Cliff Engel. It's on bassically.net its a really pretty song at that, too :)

or you can try purple haze by michael manring. cliff does a version of it too on his site, www.cliffengel.com

have fun :bassist: :bassist:
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Where is it? I can't find it on there.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  6. Wildside

Jan 12, 2004
    theater of pain
    many of the famous basslines that you've heard can be tapped. Sometimes I like to play the intro line to "Sweet Emotion" using all right hand tapping and not using the left hand at all. There's little musical value to this of course, it sounds the same, it just looks interesting visually when you're onstage. Tapping is more than just a flashy visual gimmick though, it can be a very useful way of getting around the fretboard quickly and can set up note combinations that are otherwise hard to play. Scott Hubbell and Kyle Honea are two bassists who do some wild tapping licks.
  7. contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    where can I find some extra (basic) info about the tapping-technique?
  8. try a Billy Sheehan DVD? I had a shred master guitarist guy I know help me out, but most of what I've learned has been by observing and doing. I'm not really, really good, but I can tap better than a lot of bassists.
  9. Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Can someone help me find the the tab or sheet music for While My Guitar Gently Weeps by Chuck Bianchi. I tried the link but it doesn't work anymore. Does anybody have it saved on their computer somewhere?

10. I know..it's a Chapman Stick:)