Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tara Labs cables

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TheGeneral, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Has anybody used the Tara Labs instrument or speaker cables? $350 for a cable seems quite spendy. Is there truly an audible difference in the sound, or do you have to have pristine mastering-engineer ears to hear it?
    G

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I use one connecting my head to cabinet. It's my opinion that there's an audible difference. Is it worth hundreds of dollars? Only if it is to you. It is to me.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Waste of money. The only people who can hear a difference are the ones who got suckered into buying 'em. What else are they going to say?

4. I agree with Munji; cables, for the most part, is cables. You definitely DON'T need to spend $350 for a friggin' cable.

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    $350 for a cable?! It better make me sound like Mays and play like Hayes.

:D

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    $350? Sheesh. I do own some TaraLabs cables, but they are $1/ft hi-fi speaker cables. Even those new Fender cables are too costy for me. I currently have a homemade cable, works nicely and cost something like 5 bucks.