Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tartini rosin

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by T-burn, Nov 30, 2003.

1. T-burn

T-burn

Mar 25, 2003
    Does anybody know the rosin tartini?

2. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    I'm wondering also if anybody has tried this rosin. It's being sold exclusively in the US and Canada by Quinn Violins.

3. I got some of it a couple of weeks ago. I just got my bow re-haired and I've had a hard time getting it onto the bow at first. It is expensive! I was disappointed when I opened it and couldn't believe how much you get for that price. It would be nice for Quinn Violins to possibly specify how much you actually get. I bought the Bass (Cello) version. I guess they make a Cello (Bass) version as well which I would assume means each one can crossover to each instrument well. From what I could muster to get on the bow it did sound good with a quick response. With my new strings it was hard to find the sweet spot without too many overtones. I've completely overhauled my setup with Velvet Animas and tailpiece wire, new nut, new bridge, planed fingerboard, etc. and with all that it's gonna be a while before I can objectively test the rosin. I usually use Carlsson rosin. I wonder who else has tried it?

4. I've tried it... don't like it... gave it to a cellist. I thought it was too hard and I thought it was highly overpriced.