1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tascam 2x2 driver problems, Windows 10

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Alik, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    I bought this product, Tascam US 2X2 audio interface about less than a year, used it with Windows 7, had no problems with it. Now that I upgraded to win 10 (and downloaded and installed the new driver) my laptop just doesn't recognize it. Am I doing something wrong or this interface is just not compatible with win 10? Is anyone else having the same problem?
    Thanks in advance us-2x2_w_image_sm.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Try ASIO4ALL

Alik likes this.
  3. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    At this point, I'm considering replacing the 2x2 for a Focusrite 2i2 2nd generation, which has lower latency from what I've read. I had a Scarlett 2i2 first generation and was so easy to use. I regret selling it for making a few bucks.

4. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

I have that interface. What I have found is that any time I restart my computer, I need to unplug the interface and then plug it back in. For some reason, this makes the computer recognize the hardware once again. Hope this helps.

Alik likes this.
  5. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I doubt that it's a Win 10 compatibility issue. I have an old Tascam US-122 and it works on Win 10. This is a silly question, but you didn't mention if you rebooted after installing the drivers. Did you? Most modern USB device drivers do not require a restart, but some older drivers such as the driver for my US-122, do require a restart. Also, as @Bassist4Eris mentioned, you may have to unplug and plug in the device after booting the laptop.

Alik likes this.
  6. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    No, it didn't work unplugging the unit.
    I'm done with it, just ordered a Focusrite 2i2 2nd generation

7. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Try unplugging it and then deleting the device from device manager. Reboot and then plug it in. Sometimes windows loses track of devices, especially if the device has survived and OS upgrade or has moved from port to port. Even Focusrite devices experience this behavior, and sometime even Macs have the same problem.

Alik likes this.
  8. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    Did that, but still have problems with it.
    Defective unit?

9. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Likely. I agree with your plan to replace it.

Alik likes this.
  10. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Focusrite is nice interface. And you get focusrite support when you buy it new.
    They can help you work through any and all driver problems.
    Latency is low, but here too - get support as most problems are going to be something set wrong in in the control panel.

Focusrite gives software freebies several times a year for hardware owners. Actual worthy good stuff.

Alik likes this.
  11. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    I had a hard time getting the Tascam 2x2 to work on Windows 8.1, it required a lot of tweaking but in the end it ran ok. When I upgraded to Windows 10 it just died. Not even recognized by the OS. Well, I hope I don't get any problems with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen. Thanks for your help, guys :) really appreciate it

12. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    This morning I remembered I have a pc running windows 7, so I installed the drivers, connected the US 2x2 audio interface (my bass plugged in) and guess what? Still not detected by the OS! Tascam 2x2 mixer says clearly No device connected.
    I contacted the Teac customer service, but since it's late December, holidays, etc, i think I'll have to wait a few days to have my email answered. :( I was only given a Repair number.

13. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Guiseppe and Alik like this.
  14. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    Drivers installed perfectly but the Tascam 2x2 mixer didn't recognize the interface, neither any daw application. I tried every possible settings for it, both in the OS and 2x2 mixer, not to mention the daw apps. Nothing worked. If I get it repaired/replaced I'll have to let it go. In a couple of days I got the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen coming in.

15. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    Oh, yes, I installed Asio4all too, nope didn't work :thumbsdown:

16. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    20180106_163728.
    2i2 is in the house, not only was recognized immediately by the OS, but also it was declared as default recording device. I'm happy

seamonkey likes this.
  17. whatizitman

whatizitman

Sep 9, 2014
    Yep. I even tried my focusrite solo on a raspberry pi a couple of days ago, and it recognized it. Wasn't stable, but that was a power issue. The solo will require a separate power supply for my project. But I'm pretty sure it will work.

Frankly, I've avoided tascam interfaces. Several times I've been close to purchasing something when the price is good, but then decided against after reading reviews. It just seems like driver problems and compatibility issues are too common with tascam products (?).