Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tascam 8 track cassette recorder

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Herm, Mar 11, 2001.

1. $415 or best offer - includes shipping in the 48 contiguous united states

if somebody wants to get into 8 track recording for a low price, this is a good unit to go with. a fully functional 8 track recorder/mixer on a regular cassette format. no, it's not digital, but it sounds pretty darn good. i've recorded some pretty cool sounds on it.

it's the tascam 488mkII. you can record 8 tracks independently, or 4 tracks simultaneously.

i just don't use it anymore, and it's in great shape, has been well maintained, and will be shipped in it's original box - with the manual.

i can accept credit card payment via the i-escrow/tradenable website. or we can do the money order thing too.

2. price lowered to $325

lets talk!

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Dadgum I wish that I wasn't broke!

Heck of a price, that would be great for demos and stuff.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Herm.

I have a friend in school who's looking for an 8-track. I'll turn him on to yours.

Will C.:cool:

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    If I had the money I'd REALLY consider it. 8 tracks is perfect. 5 for the drums 1 for bass, one for guitar, one for vocals. Or even if you play with two guitarists it'd still work fine with 4 on the drums. (one hi-hat, one bass, one snaire, and one in the center of all your cymbols)

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet. If I hadn't just picked up a Tascam digital 8 track, I'd be all over it. Just bumping it back to the top so people will see it....

7. Thanks, dude!

8. OK fellow bassists......

I've had a few bites, but nothing yet.

$275 includes shipping in the US of A

I just want to sell it, cause' I'll probably never use it again.

9. Sold.. to me!

10. Sold.. to him!

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

#$(*#^%#(!

I missed the price reduction.:(

Congrats on a real steal, Dave.