Tascam 8 track cassette recorder

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Herm, Mar 11, 2001.

1. $415 or best offer - includes shipping in the 48 contiguous united states

if somebody wants to get into 8 track recording for a low price, this is a good unit to go with. a fully functional 8 track recorder/mixer on a regular cassette format. no, it's not digital, but it sounds pretty darn good. i've recorded some pretty cool sounds on it.

it's the tascam 488mkII. you can record 8 tracks independently, or 4 tracks simultaneously.

i just don't use it anymore, and it's in great shape, has been well maintained, and will be shipped in it's original box - with the manual.

i can accept credit card payment via the i-escrow/tradenable website. or we can do the money order thing too.
  2. price lowered to $325

lets talk!
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Dadgum I wish that I wasn't broke!

Heck of a price, that would be great for demos and stuff.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

I have a friend in school who's looking for an 8-track. I'll turn him on to yours.

Will C.:cool:
  5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    If I had the money I'd REALLY consider it. 8 tracks is perfect. 5 for the drums 1 for bass, one for guitar, one for vocals. Or even if you play with two guitarists it'd still work fine with 4 on the drums. (one hi-hat, one bass, one snaire, and one in the center of all your cymbols)
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet. If I hadn't just picked up a Tascam digital 8 track, I'd be all over it. Just bumping it back to the top so people will see it....
  7. Thanks, dude!
  8. OK fellow bassists......

I've had a few bites, but nothing yet.

$275 includes shipping in the US of A

I just want to sell it, cause' I'll probably never use it again.

9. Sold.. to him!
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I missed the price reduction.:(

Congrats on a real steal, Dave.