1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tascam bass trainer verses amazing slowdowner software

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by funkybass, Sep 13, 2010.

1. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Which is better to help learn songs by ear?

2. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    Transcribe by 7th string software is the best for learning and pulling apart a tune. it has a 30 day trial and is reasonably priced.

I used to use the amazing slowdowner but transcribe is just so much better.

3. mounsen

mounsen

Mar 26, 2008
    Statesboro, GA
  4. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Tascam, Its more portable. Tuner, metronome, and everyting else in the smallest pocket of your gig bag. You don't know how many times my various bands have asked "Does anyone have a tuner with them?"

5. I just use Quicktime 7. It came with my computer and it works just fine for learning songs. Of course the quality of the slowed down song may not be as good as programs that have that as their primary function but I figure if I have to slow a song down that to the point where the quality really begins to suck I'm probably not ready for it.

6. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    What advatage does the guitar version have over the bass version?

7. gtaus

gtaus

May 3, 2007
    Checking out both the MP-BT1 and the GTR1 myself. It appears that the MP-BT1 is for bass only, whereas the GTR1 works with both guitar and bass. Also, the GTR1 has mics for recording and can have up to an 8GB SD card. You can view/print/download manuals for both devices if you do a quick search.

I checked out both units on Amazon.com and the GTR1 is only $20 more than the MP-BT1, but seems to offer lots more features. As I also play guitar, I'm leaning towards the GTR1. I am still checking out other options, such as software, so thanks for the suggestions of Transcribe. I'll probably download the trial version and see what I think.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021