Tascam bass trainer

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by pcollin, Feb 27, 2006.

1. pcollin

Dec 22, 2005
    Portland, Maine
    I just picked up one of those CD playing Tascam bass trainers last Friday. It's pretty cool but the manual leaves a lot to be desired. Is there any web site out there that I can go to that can shed light on some of the functions? I'm having trouble specifically with the set up/tuning and effect functions. thanks!
  2. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    i thought the manual was pretty good. what are you trying to figure out how to do?
  3. Most of the postings on the Tascam CDBT1 Bass Trainer seem to be positive so I am set to order the Mark II this week. However, I wonder if anyone uses it to play music that has been burned onto cds in MP3 format. My older portable Panasonic cd player will not play any of my burned cds.
  4. The Trainer has played all the home-burned CDs I've tried so far. It spins them up to speed and looks at them for a minute, then it's ready to go.

Like all CD players, there are bound to be some homeburns that it can't play.
  5. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I'll download and burn all the songs I need to learn for the cover band I'm in. The Tascam has never given me any trouble with burned discs.
  6. In my previous posting, I mentioned my concerns about playing cds on the Tascam MK II Bass Trainer that have been burned with MP3 formatted music, especially that downloaded from Limewire. I sent an email to Tascam and received a reply today from their customer service dept which stated "The CD MK II Bass Trainer is not compatible with MP3's." The store that I ordered mine from has not yet rec'd my unit and I am considering cancelling the order. I guess if they were agreeable, I could take it home and if it doesn't play my burned cds, return it for a full refund.
  7. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

This may be stating the obvious but you probably have to burn the songs in .cda or .wav format as opposed to mp3.

Most CD burning software will let you do this (convert formats on the fly) because the average CD player can't play mp3's either.
  8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
  9. jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    If you have a computer nearby, both roni's and transcribe (software based) are much better and cheaper.