Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tascam CD-BT1

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grooveguru, Sep 30, 2003.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Anyone know if these are available anywhere yet? Looks like a pretty good all around practice tools and it's cheap to.

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    The bass units are to be made available through outlets like Musician's Friendin about two weeks (according to MF). Should take a bit longer through GC, probably.

3. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    This product caught my eye too. What's the street price gonna be, anybody know?

Gotta tell Santa ... :)

4. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Everyone is advertising them for $149.99

5. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I had the CD-GT1 for guitar for a couple of weeks in August before I found out that the BT1 would be coming out in October. I took it back to GC and have an order in for one of the first BT1's they get in. I thought the GT1 rocked. With the BT1 being designed for bass with bass effects and the ability to enhance or supress the bass part on the CD, it should be even better. Here is my original review of the GT1

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've been waiting with baited breath for that darn Tascam to get these out. I was told the first of October but it looks like it's been pushed out another several weeks. :mad:

the only thing that I can think would be really over the top would be a remote so I wouldn't have to jump up to make changes or adjustments. I'm not lazy just hate that there might be a possibility of scratching my bass in the mixer that I plug my CD player into.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    tascam put an ad in Bass Player mag. just an FYI.....

8. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    I have had the CD-GT1 since the spring. It is the guitar version.

It is very helpful for transcribing songs.
    Songs can be slowed down without changing the pitch.
    Portions of Songs can be looped (helpful in trying to get a lick right).
    The pitch of a song can be changed (Good for recordings that are 1/2 step tuned down).

The CD-BT1 is suppose to have 2 improvements over the CD-GT1 - 1) bass boost on songs (to hear the bass on recordings better) and 2) effects designed for bass.

The effects on CD-GT1 do not work well for Bass - they either have distortion in the effect or a heavy compressed sound. I practice with the effects turned off because of this. Active basses do not work well with the CD-GT1 (this is also something they changed for the CD-BT1) as the signal tends to clip.

I will be getting a CD-BT1 after they come out as a guitarist friend of mine wants my CD-GT1.

Note: Do not let anyone borrow the CD-GT1/CD-BT1, you may have trouble getting it back.

9. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Ok, if we make a pact to post here when one of gets one of the Cd-BT1's then everyone, here, should know when and where they are available.

I found that Rik's seems to be a good place to get one of these.;)

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Shot Rik's an email about availability. Wonder if this'll fit in my stocking...?

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I have my name first on the list when my local Music store gets them in, They said mid Oct and they quoted me 149.99.

12. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I'm hearing Nov 9th from my guy at GC. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

[​IMG]

13. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Yeah, I just checked the Musician's Friend site and they are now saying November 14. I sure hope that Tascam is watching their quality control and that's why they delayed them.

From all the stuff I've read on the guitar version it sounds like quite the little toy.

14. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I was on a waiting list at Rik's Music and they just shipped mine. Cheapest price around. :D

15. Lowbee

Lowbee

Oct 26, 2003
    I got one at American Musical Supply...$149.99

LB

16. IMHO, this is just a tool for people with bad ears, but whatever makes your happy... ;)

17. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Say, What? Run that by me again!

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    :p :p :p

19. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i know you were kidding, right?

20. My CD BT-1 arrived today from Musicians Friend.
    I've been toying with it for a couple hours now.
    All I can say is this thing is way--cool. Everything they advertise this thing will do, it does!I'm not much on writing reviews for stuff so just let me simply say that I cannot imagine that any bassplayer at whatever level could not find some good use for this thing. I personally play in cover bands so all the looping,bass enhance, and speed and pitch funtions are great for those of us with as (Freaky Fender) refers to as being bad eared. I used to think I had a pretty good ear or at least that it was improving thru the years (and I'm sure it has to some degree) however there is no doubt this little gizmo is making me hear things I never noticed before.
    Its gonna make working up cover tunes a lot less of a chore if you know what I mean. Anyway this is the best 150 bucks I've spent on anything bass related in a long time.