Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tascam DP-01 FX?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Hi, I'm looking for a Digital multitrack.

The best looking so far is the Tascam DP-01 FX, I like the idea of the hardrive and the effects, phantom power and XLRs unlike the cheaper version.

These are the other models I have seen in my price range...

Boss BR-864
    Fostex VF-80 EX (without CDR)
    Korg D12

If anyone has had any experiance with any of these, please give pros and cons about it.

Thanks a lot :bassist:
    PJ

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I'm also searching for a digital multi. and would like to know more about the Tascam. Of those listed above, the Tascam seems most promising. I was eyeballing one yesterday and I'm pretty sure that it is the one for me. The appeal for me is the hard drive and the "one knob per function" operation. I've used Yamaha and Roland DAWs and hate having to scroll through menus. If you buy one, post your opinions here and let us know how you like it.

3. jr47foam

jr47foam

Dec 15, 2003
    Hatboro, PA
    I got one a couple of weeks ago and used it a little so far. It does seem to be pretty easy to use although I have not tried any effects yet. A friend of mine has a Roland something or other that allows you to record virtual tracks. The Tascam will not do that. The one thing I don't like so far is that i cannot tell when the meters are overdriven. Tascam does have it's own forum with help there.
    I think for the money, you can't beat it.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Thanks for the reply, jr. I'll have to check out the Tascam forum. Anyway, how is the sound quality, and how many tracks can you record simultaneously?

5. jr47foam

jr47foam

Dec 15, 2003
    Hatboro, PA
    I think the sound quality is good although I have not run it through speakers yet only headphones. You can record up to two tracks at the same time.
    What I need to know is how to easily transfer the mixed down song to my computer without having to drag the recorder up to the computer to hook it up.
    Good luck with it.