Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tattoo ideas

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crazyphil, Aug 15, 2003.

1. I'm going to be getting a bass-related tattoo and I'm looking for some ideas...it's going to be on my arm and so far I'm thinking of getting a solid black bass clef. Any other ideas? Any good artists out there?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A friend of mine(guitar player) Spent a good amount of time drawing treble clefs(when we first started doing composing in music theory class) he wanted to have a "nice" treble clef.

eventually he ended up with a treble clef that was very unique to him, but still was undeniably a treble clef. It had a very sharp and angular look to it, that I had seen in other little doodles, and in his handwriting too.

but the point is, he spent some time with it on his own, and came out with his own signature treble clef, that he is very proud of.

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    How about a red bass clef with a black outline? It would be a bit more interesting than solid black, but not too crazy.

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have a faint memory of a picture I saw (might have been in a tattoo magizine) of a girl that had a F holes on both sides of her back. (Like a violin) It looked really awesome.

5. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    I remeber seeing that too. I think she had it on her back. I believe it was a Bass Player Mag maybe?

6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

Yea, it was a tattoo done by a guy name bob vessels. He does some very good work!!

.......Joe.......

7. I just got this 2 days ago, I actually asked TB for some advice and a member named incognito came up with it:

[​IMG]

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    That's what I did. I came up with "my" bass clef.

9. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I made quite the unique bass clef incorperating a star. It had significance to the wearer and it had a certain symbolism to him. Its the first tattoo I have ever really designed for someone. Im actually quite proud of it.

Edit

If you go into a shoppe and explain to them what you want they will help with ideas and draw something up for you specificly, if they are good that is.

10. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    this is my bass cleff..

11. Im pretty sure this is ok for TB as it doesnt show anything, but if not feel free to get rid of it. Anyways, I think this is a cool tattoo.
    [​IMG]

12. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
  13. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Got any pics of it? :)

I love those intertwining tribal designs

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability

Oooooooooo !

we are thinking of getting that, but smaller.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think if I get one, it would be a highly stylized bass clef on my calf. I'd have it so that the top curve of the clef wrapped around the top of my calf muscles, and the dots on the side of my leg. Actually, the design I'm thinking of wouldn't even really look like a clef all that much unless you knew what you were looking at.

16. oooooooh how Man Rayish:cool:

17. I'm gonna wait till its done, there are still done things that need to be done to it (coloring the center piece, coloring the light blue areas). Not too much more work though, I'll get a pic up as soon as I can. Oh and BTW, thanks for combining the designs for me. :)

18. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    No problem :) Just putting a few ideas together :) Glad you liked it.

19. I'd like to get them "F holes" or whatever(the chick has them on her lower back) But,smaller on my left arm...

I'd also like a bass clef on my right arm...

I want something on my stomach,but I don't know what...

thatd be cool

-Jon:oops: