Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tattoo OF a bass betty

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StoutXXX, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Im gettin some more ink done and I wanted a pinup girl playing a double bass looking all hot and oldschool. Anybody got any ideas for illustrations to look at or other artists work to check out? Now I dont need any fool telling me what they think isnt cool or not. If you appreciate getting a tattoo and wanna help thank you. If your a hater and just wanna cause drama go somewhere away from me. (This is being said because of a tattoo posted on this site earlier and somebody was saying how dumb it was when it was just a bar of music and a treble clef.)Be respectful and thanks to all who help.

2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I think going with an old school pin-up girl would be very cool.
    Like a Betty Page URB shot. Me personally, I would look for a great tattoo artist and
    have him/her do a custom piece. This way here you are the only one with it!

Where are you located?

Something like this,but with a URB in her hands

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I have an actual picture of a rockabilly chick posing with her bass. If you want me to scan it, just let me know.

4. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    I suggest going with black and grey,no color. -Luke

5. something like this?

6. Man, that is a great idea! I really like the picture Ryan posted too-but I agree that it should be done in black, to give it more of a "vintage" (I know, bad word) feel. That's going to look really good when it's done.

7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Those are both very cool pictures! Id try looking for work by and artist named Coop. Let us know what you decide (artist, shop, etc...)

8. I would love that pic. All of you have posted great stuff on it thanks. I want a black shaded bass but the girl has to eb done in retro color to add to the bomber babe thing. It just seems right. I am in charleston but can access atlanta , charloette, and others within 5 hrs. I have a another guy that i really like but its a long haul to get to him. :hyper:

9. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Stephen alraedy beat me to it! Now that I look at her, I am not all that sure I would want her mug perminantly pasted on my arm :meh:

10. Understandable not quite my girl either and its goin on my thigh im doing a whole leg piece...my tattoos are for me only :bassist: ie no real publicly visable tattoos unless its a death metal skull....word