1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tattoo Pt3 the last bit

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brummie, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Just a quick thanks for all the support over the last couple of weeks, knowing others have been through similar and worse helped me keep going.
    My mate Dave passed away on Monday morning, I'd seen him on the Thursday before (unfortunately my Birthday) I forgave him for forgetting my Birthday, he was barely conscious but knew I was there, he looked like he wouldn't last the day.
    I was quite ill myself about 18 months ago and it was Dave who encouraged me to pick it the bass again, I'm not sure if I'm going to take a break from playing - I only really used to jam and play bass for songs Dave had written, it seems a waste to keep lying around at mine and Dave's house.
    A big thanks to Scarlet fire for swapping messages with me over the past week - everyone please send him $100 each so he can come over to London and I can buy him a pint.
    As for the tattoo - naughty daughter still hates it but we've just told her to decide what she wants to do with it and let us know.
    Anyway - cheers to everyone - when I win the lottery I'll buy you all the bass of your choice.
    cheers again

2. Life has its ups and downs, but it goes on, my friend. Glad to see you're still soldiering on.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Good to hear your doing alright. It's funny how life moves in different ways than what we suppose it will (or want it too), but is always interesting and eventful.

RIP to your friend. Him and his family and yours have my thought and prayers.

I'll say it as many times as possible, but to me it never gets old:
    Smile, Life's Good. :D

Ain't it?

4. Cheers,
    I've assumed your name is normally Joe, thanks for your posts, if you ever intent to come over - post me and I'll chuck one of my kids out of bed so you have somewhere to lay your head after I buy you a pint or two.
    Thanks again & may you God be with you.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Yep it's Joe. If I ever find my way over, you bet I'll look you up. I'll take a 2'X6' piece of carpet sleep on. :D

Thanks, you too. ;)

6. I'll also be sending you and all other US based TBers a copy of a little known English book titled 'The British book of dental care' it wasn't a big hit here & we have loads of spare copies lying around.

cheers

P.S I make my kids sleep on carpet - especially the one with a tattoo :meh:

7. Hey Brummie, it's good to hear your not feeling too down. Nothing makes life's peaks and troughs easier to handle than a positive outlook and attitude.

Don't put down the bass either. I know it might not sound like much, but I had a friend who passed away a few years ago, we used to write music together. After he left I took one of the songs he had written and worked on it, I still am. Hopefully one day it will be good enough for me to call it a tribute to him, his life and his music. I feel like when I work on that song, he is with me in the music.