Tattoo Question for those with Tattoo's

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 5, 2004.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Hi All

When you have tattoo's do you think it is best to stay with a theme in your tattoo's?. I ask this since all of my tattoo's are religous and i am really considering getting a tattoo of my Avatar which is Saint Anger. Thanks
  2. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Totally depends on the person of course, but In general, if they are going to be touching or close I say keep the theme. Pretty subjective question though.
  3. i have a theme with mine.. black and white/ left side. color/ right side. so eventually i'll be half and half. main reason is because i have to precise with my left (fretting) hand. no mistakes there. Color is on the right side of my body becuase that' s where the creativity and freedom to create comes from... for me anyway.. as soon as i get some pics i'll post 'em
  4. I don't really have any type of theme with my tats. When I get ink done, I just put it where I think it will look the best...not where it will "fit in" better.
  5. SAINT. Anger I think it is religous. :D

I don't know what your "lay out" is but if you have room and it is set apart from the religous ones then it wouldn't matter IMHO. But it you are covered and everything else is religous then it depends..what is the tone of the other onces...just a bunch of crosses/no particular tone, crosses with hearts or words like "God is good."/happy/joyful tone, crusifiction, Jesus crying/dark tone. If the last one is what you have then it fits in with the theme/tone quite well.

*only has one tattoo, a black bass clef on wrist*
  6. I would have to agree with BA Gua Tiger on the lay out of your other tattoos.. If most of your upper body is religous than you might want to consider haveing it put on your leg..

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

On my Chest is where the tattoo of the Sacred Heart of Jesus with the praying hands are, that is color. On my upper right arm is the Celtic Cross, that is in black charcoal color. On my inner left arm is where i have the Faith tattoo, that is in color. I was either going to put Saint Michael the archangel on my upper right arm or this Saint Anger tattoo, i did also give consideration to puting Saint Anger on my calf.
  8. I agree with Jamie. My quoting button isn't working. :)
  9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Might scare the little kiddies with that tatoo... i dunno... Saint Anger doesn't seem an appropriate "religious" tattoo.

Post seriously coulda been taken sour...
  10. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    for me I don't care if there is no theme in my tatoos.
    As long as there is a meaning for everyone of theme.
    I would never have a tatoo that mean nothing to me, only because it look cool or something.

I can't wait for my next one, It should do my back...
  11. Of course you agree with me :D I mean come on I was the rightful winner of a prize valued at over $5...if it wasn't for the whole poster thing I would have claimed it :scowl:

Sorry, don't let that distract you. I do think I have a good view/point on the whole tattoo placement, but in the end the what-and-where is up to the person.

...Or the artist, while you stop looking :eek:
  12. jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    I personally have been going with a theme. (Only one mid sized one right now, with a drwing for the next almost finished) I had always wanted sleeves, and I figure that if a they're going together they should have something uniteing them.

Only thing is lately I've found one or 2 that don't fit the theme and am debating were to put them. In you're case, I'd say either put it well away from the others as was suggested, or personalize it so it fits with the others. (same style, or put it into a slightly larger design that uses some religious symbols that have meaning to you). I'd be inclined to go with the working on personalizing the design cuz I'm a fan of custom work.

Edit: I know, I can't spell sometimes. Sorry
  13. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Themes are good. I'm staying with two themes that are going to come together on my back.
  14. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Honest question - if you were going to get a Metallica related tatoo, wouldnt it be more appropriate to get one that is related to one of their "classic" (ie good) albums?

Seems like a St Anger tatoo is kind like getting a One Hot Minute or a Falling Into Infinity tatoo if you are into RHCP or Dream Theater....just my opinion.

I can understand the religious theme, however I wasn't aware that St Anger actually was a saint ;) I think that the overall look of the tatoos (ie colours / patterns) are more important for an observer than any obvious theme...
  15. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    get scooby doo tatoo, then people will give you scooby snacks!
  16. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I think it's cool to have some kind of theme (asthetic, or meaning) when you are getting sleeved. I want to have have a whole sleeve of black work, but I have to think of how everything will mesh. (I may have to get some grays done)
  17. Mine range to everything from a naked chick with flaming wings, to a crest of doves around my navel. To me it doesnt matter.
  18. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hmm, I'd be careful about choosing the band tattoos. My buddy has Black Flag, Minor Threat and Dead Kennedy tats directly over a HUGE King Crimson itcotck face tat, he gets endless ribbing because of it.
  19. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Do you have the metallica underoos and lunchbox too?

Sure hope your wife is a fan :)