1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tatum Bell released, steals replacement's luggage

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GregC, Sep 3, 2008.

1. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  2. I saw that earlier, that's just funny stoopid. Gettin' caught on a security camera..."no, I thought it was my luggage!" :ninja:

:rollno:

....that just about sunk his chances of playing elsewhere, didn't it?

:)

3. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    What a dufus. You'd think he'd have realized they had cameras all over.

The tone of the article was the best. :D

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Well, it is the NFL--if you can play and you're not in jail or suspended, they'll find a way. It sounds like he's not doing so well on the playing front, though.

5. strozey

strozey

Jul 16, 2008
    California
    Endorsing Artist: John Jameson & Sons
    the report I read on one fantasy football site had a funny spin on the report

""A strange thing happened to running back Rudi Johnson when he visited with the Detroit Lions on Monday.

Someone stole his stuff.

Seriously.

Specifically, and as we’re told by a reliable source (i.e., not the same person who told ESPN that Joey Harrington had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Monday), Johnson left his bags outside CEO Matt Millen’s office while he met with team officials and, ultimately, worked out a deal with the team.

So when Johnson came back to get his bags, they were nowhere to be found. Johnson and Millen were stumped.

Enter the eye in the sky.

The team checked the videotapes generated by the team’s in-house surveillance system, and they quickly identified the culprit.

So who might it have been? None other than Tatum Bell, who lost his gig with the Lions after Rudi arrived.

Bell took the bags to a female acquaintance and asked her to keep them for awhile. Johnson has since retrieved the bags and no charges were filed. No word yet on whether Bell fumbled the leather items as he made his way down the crowded hallway. Johnson was quoted as being "thankful" that Najeh Davenport *was not involved in the episode.

Tatum apparently didn’t know that he was being monitored.

Rudi has retrieved the bags, although there was a report that there were several items missing according to Johnson including approx. $200 in cash and clothing items including underwear.""

*for those that don't know Davenport is better known for taking a dump in his ex girlfriends clothes hamper, as well as being an NFL running back

6. No, I think that was from all the fumbles....
    :smug: