tax man cometh--- help me pay!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Biker4Him, Feb 24, 2005.

1. O.K. it seems the IRS is against people starting a business from scratch and selling it 5 years later (at a loss) ... I still have to pay more in taxes than I cleared in the sale..

enough of my griping... heres some stuff I don't want to sell, but I must. Make me an offer...

1998 Jazz Deluxe 5 string. Recently customized with BadA$$ V bridge, Nordstrand NJ5F pickups (wow... these are awesome... and talk about GROWL!!!!!), and chrome J-retro Deluxe preamp. The bass sounds great passive, and phenomenal with preamp engaged. Sweepable mids.... bass boost only, treble cut/boost. Gain control, and of course, blend for the pickups. The bass plays great. The neck is sweet, currently set up extremely low string height. You can play all night, and never get tired.

Sorry the pic's are kind of dark, and I forgot to wipe all the finger prints off, so you can see a lot of smudges. There are some scratches on the back, but all in all it's in pretty good shape, and the black hides most all of the imperfections. I could easily get $750 or more if I parted it back out, and sold the pieces... but I don't want to..this bass is too nice. SO.. let's try $725.00 shipped inside the U.S. (paypal o.k.)

also... look at these gems I've got listed....
  2. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
  3. havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    hello i am interested in the fender if you still have it. thanks
  4. doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    IM playing one of these right now as i type this...It's a killer bass....i'd buy another if i had the cash.
  5. Is this a USA or Mexico model?
  6. It's a MIM. With what is the finest feeling neck on any Jazz I've picked up.

7. Thanks... as soon as funds permit, I will build me another one just like. As soon as I find the right bass. It's got to have that feel. This one has a great neck...
    the Nordie pickups with the J-Retro DELUXE preamp... have amazing tone... growl for days, and the slap tone is WOW!!!!
  8. hey, is the bass still for sale. Also none of the pics are coming up on my comp. What color is it, and what is the Fretboard?
  9. I took the pics off my server. It's sold.