1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tax money....what would you do out of these options.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by subopposite, Apr 26, 2010.

1. subopposite

subopposite

Jul 23, 2008
    Vermont
    Hey all,

So, I need to buy another cabinet at the least, so currently I have an Avatar 4x10 running at 8 ohms.

I can a.) buy another Avatar 4x10, which is probably what I will do.

Or....

I can b.)buy like an Ampeg Heritage Series HSVT-810E 8x10.

I am going to get 2 seperate cabs since I practice at 2 different places a lot. Just trying to figure out if I should bother upgrading from the Avatar. I am pretty happy with it for the most part, but it is my first big cabinet, so I have nothing to compare it to really.

The head unit I have is a Markbass 800. Talkbass has helped me make every purchase I have made so far, so I value the thoughts.

In ending the only options are another 8ohm Avatar 4x10, a 8x10 bass cabinet run at 4ohms to max out the amp head or a totally different 4x10 cabinet (which I am weary of as I would have to sell my avatar for this new one so I can eventually get 2 of the same 4x10's to run at 4 ohm for show.

Thanks.

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I vote for another Avatar. Just makes sense.

3. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    I also vote for getting another avatar. The speakers in the avatar are better quality than those in the ampeg and lighter too.

4. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Another Avatar for sure. Better portability, easy of transport and rig options.

5. Avatar.

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Another 4x10 just for the versatility of a single 410 or 810's.

7. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Another 8 ohm Avatar is your best bet. When you want to upgrade, you can keep one Avatar 410 at each practice space, then grab a bigger cab for shows....if you wanted to.

A matching Avatar cab will get the most poweout of your setup and sound the best with what you have.

8. Put the money in a bank and save for a rainy day! ;)

Paul

9. subopposite

subopposite

Jul 23, 2008
    Vermont
    BassmanPaul it went from raining to snow today, so my order has been placed for another 8 ohm Line-X, cloth covered (black and silver weave) grill Avatar 4x10. Thanks all. I do appreciate this Line-X stuff.

It was a necessity to get another cabinet for me to have one at each practice spot. Don't care to lug them around and it frees up space for carpooling if you know what I mean. Plus, I can practice once in a while with both of them.

Last nights practice with just one 4x10 was a crap load of fun. Finally have all of the pieces to a band. We have been stuck with a guitarist, drummer and myself for a while going through singers that we really didn't like or didn't have the time. Now we have a singer and rhythm in one shot. Very happy times for me if this works out.

I am also loving my new Jaguar. The nice punchy fingery sound I have been looking for. Now my fingers just have to get used to it.

Thanks again all.