1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tax reform bill and what it means to musicians.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Dec 4, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saw Andy Irvine make this post on FB
    5489FF1B-1634-4DF6-8CAA-47AFD71D019D. The bill still has to go through reconciliation and has to be signed by the president.

Any tax experts here that can sum this stuff up without it turning into to a lame political debate?

Stumbo likes this.
  2. Meghans Dad

Meghans Dad Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2016
    California
    Here's a link to the actual bill, all 497 pages of it;
    Read the Senate tax bill released Friday
    Since I am not making over $250,000 a year doing music, it does not appear that the changes affect me (see starting page 32, p. 22 for deduction limits). Personally I am not going to read in detail until the final version comes out, but I'm my opinion, there are a lot of irresponsible generalizations being made in the press, both pro and con. I don't see much simplification here and yes, it does seem to favor the 1% with the exception of the estate tax.
    For the average working musician I don't think it is a catastrophic as Mr. Irvine portrays it. (haven't said much here, but enough to get blasted by both sides of the aisle!:woot:)

Nephilymbass likes this.
  3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sorry guys, politics thread not going to fly.

twinjet likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.