Tax refund coming? This is beautiful...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by T. B. Player, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
  2. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    I think that would be my favorite MTD!
  3. DougP

Sep 4, 2001

this isnt helping my GAS problems with MTDs right now.
  4. Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
  5. Perhaps I'm too young in my bass playing career to appreciate this. But hey, it still looks cool. I especially dig the buckeye top it's got going on.
  6. You must be young in your bass playing experience - you must play an MTD - or at least a Tobias Basic or Signature - then you'll understand.

There's another sixer out on the bay now, and Gguitars is selling a NEW MTD (maple fb, ash back and walnut top) for under 3600:eek:

I am SO glad I have to save most of Uncle Sam's refund for the kids' college tuition....:bawl:
  7. Oh no...bidding on this is in the 2K range ...

must....resist.....temptation.......must.....remember... the.... children.....can'

8. Little Johnny will understand that he can't get a new bike or those GI Joes he's been waiting for because daddy had to get himself a new bass.

P.S. I'll try to remember to see if they have any at Guitar Center next time I go. If they don't think I'll have to look around somewhere else. Six strings just don't really wow me too much though.

9. You probably won't find these at GC. If you're in Jacksonville, I'm thinking the closest place would be the Atlanta Bass Gallery...unless there's a used one hanging there behind the service desk where the put all the things you can't touch unless you're buying them....

I hate GC...which is also the mark of a seasoned player. GC will talk to musicians since they're musicians themselves. BUt they don't want to sell to musicians...they want to sell to soccer moms. If there's a company that's serious about dealing with bassists, then it would be called Bass Centre, or Bass Central, or The Perfect Bass, or Austin Bass Traders, or Bunny Bass (sense a pattern here?) :smug:
  10. steve21

steve21 Banned

Walnut top + maple fretboard... insanely beautiful sounding.
  11. You know, I've never been to Atlanta. And I don't plan on going there anytime soon either... But if I do, I'll definately check that place out.

And you're right. Now I myself have nothing against Guitar Center. But I don't like their bass selection (which is to say their lack of one). Not alot of choices, and alot of the ones on the floor have something wrong with them (either cosmetic or hardware or something) from all these kids who think they should slap the hell out of it as loud as they can and not buy anything. Not exactly the people who's running the store's fault, but still.

I'm gonna take this as a calling. We should make a chain bass store!
  12. I've often thought about opening a store - there are so many basement studios in homes and garage bands, so why not take the lower levels of retail outlets that have access (of course) and call them - "The Bassment" High-end instruments, amplification, recording services and, if your Bassment is big enough, a jam area. Add a coffee service and make it an after-hours place so that the other tennants won't be disturbed, and give musicians a real place to gather and play after their gigs are done. (Oh, I forgot...we're musicians...that means we either have no money, or we have real jobs during the day....:meh: )
  13. lmao
  14. so um... i got 112 dollars for a tax return... maybe something a little cheaper?

I mean, if you sell your first born you wont have to worry about keeping the money
  15. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    This did not help my MTD GAS.....
    I am closing escrow this week, wow.
  16. Can't believe I missed this! It's brilliant.
  17. Thanks for the comment (must go have a Guinness now!)

Would love to figure out a way to do this and make it fly. I'm playing jazz guitar in a community jazz band at the University I adjunct at (in computer science). These folks are great players, but are teachers for the most part, and this is their performing outlet. There are some incredible jazz players at my kids' high school, but they don't play out anymore because their teaching schedule is so draining.

Sorry, but that's not right. I would hope that local musical communities could support such a concept, realizing that instructors must be also allowed to "sharpen their saws."
  18. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Man, that's a nice one...go for it!! You only live once.