Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tax refund!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris J, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Can I get an amen? $885 just came my way thanks to revenue canada. Life is temporarily good. :D Now to go scope out a G&L at the nearby store. :hyper:

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I just had to write two checks, one to the feds and one to the state. :mad: I have to start having them take more money out of my paychecks.

3. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I had my car totaled out, needed to pay it off and get another one, so I had to raid my retirement. Now I owe something like $674. :mad:

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    If it's any consolation to me (which it's not), we have no state income tax. :spit:

5. Good!

Fortunately I'm getting significantly more! :D

6. Did I mention that I'm in my 2nd year of university and I've spent the last 2 months with $7 in my bank account and relying on odd jobs from family members to pay my bills? So yeah $800 is a big deal right now!

7. Better you had the money for the last 12 months than the govt.

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    My federal refund will be about $300. Unfortunately, I owe $200 in local taxes...

:mad: :spit:

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    We used half of last year's return to buy my Elrick ($4000+), and this year we've put it aside for a house down payment ($3500). I've always done well around tax time.

10. Well until I can afford and Elrick a G&L will have to do! :D

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It should more than do-they're great basses.

12. You know it! I may even be buying myself a new combo for apartment use. Soon.....soon....

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I did the same thing I do every year, come as close as possible to breaking even. (Actually I'm getting about 100$ back). I don't like to loan the government money, as I feel I can manage my money better than they can.

14. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Exactly. This is your money, people, the government's been holding on to it for you, interest free.

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I have friends who get thousands back and act like they won the lottery. It's a little depressing to watch.

16. oh god me too, i have friends who say things like "i only got 800 back i have to get work to start taking more"

17. Yessir. God blessed Texas

18. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well it should be. I pay plenty of state income tax out here in CA. I absolutely hate it. Be glad, because I pay far more in state tax than what you just took out of your retirement.

19. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I used to live in Laguna Niguel, so I'm quite familiar with the taxes out there... :eek: